• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Nice deal whoever got those. The supply-demand ratio for #1 isn't going to be huge cos the print run for #1 was a billion or something.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190942681580?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_63wt_1199

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190942684282?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_63wt_1199

27$ per book with combined shipping (shrug) eventually we will see more for them later in the series.

Edited by emezy360

sagaeow.jpg

:grin:

Nice chart but I have a couple of things to point out.

EOW number 1 had a reported print run of a little over 49,000 of which I've been told, 6000 are the Forbidden Planet and Ghost covers. We know that either Comichron was wrong on Hickman was lying about issue number 5. Hickman stated the initial order for 5 was 43,000 then dropped to 38,000 and finally they printed 41,000.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/16/saga-13-sells-out-62000-print-run-walking-dead-113-of-76000-and-east-of-west-5-of-41000-jonathan-hickman-tells-us-why/

Assuming a little over 43,000 #1 regular covers and 41,000 of #5 regular cover is correct, the drop is insignificant.

I would think the writer of a creator owned comic would have a better idea of how many sold than someone estimating the sales.

Edited by The Authority

EOW number 1 had a reported print run of a little over 49,000 of which I've been told, 6000 are the Forbidden Planet and Ghost covers. We know that either Comichron was wrong on Hickman was lying about issue number 5. Hickman stated the initial order for 5 was 43,000 then dropped to 38,000 and finally they printed 41,000.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/16/saga-13-sells-out-62000-print-run-walking-dead-113-of-76000-and-east-of-west-5-of-41000-jonathan-hickman-tells-us-why/

Assuming a little over 43,000 #1 regular covers and 41,000 of #5 regular cover is correct, the drop is insignificant.

I would think the writer of a creator owned comic would have a better idea of how many sold than someone estimating the sales.

Or Hickman is telling the truth and comichron is also correct.

Comichron is only North American sales. Hickman was probably referring to worldwide orders.

Comichron is only North American sales. Hickman was probably referring to worldwide orders.

Ahhhh. Good point lol

Unless either of these is incorrect. I know that more and more people are talking about the book. BTW, I was already shocked that #6 was that low but I think that September was 3D month and everything else was roadkill.

I think the variants for #1 has slowed sales a bit for the regular #1, everyone assumes that these are the sleeper issues, when their print runs are 5k and 1k when compared to 45k. Makes them that much more rare, but takes a bit of steam away from the regular #1's.

I wonder why there was such a fall off from issue 4 to issue 5..

Because #4 was higher than normal due to having the blank variant. If you normalize #4 the drop from issue to issue is very steady.

I wonder why there was such a fall off from issue 4 to issue 5..

Issue 4 had a blank cover added. (thumbs u

Oh duh! That makes complete sense. I don't know why I didn't realize that.. :facepalm:

lol everyone is so enamored with the RRP no one cares about the first print #1. (shrug)http://www.ebay.com/itm/171165225820?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_38wt_1199 is it because there so easy to get at the moment.

29$ per book.

I was going to bid on this, but I decided to hold off because I have two Issue 1s I think would grade well, so I'm holding off on any first prints. I got a 9.8 Ghost Variant instead.

I think that's wise. The variants are going to dry up long before the regular #1's. I'm expecting both variants to spike in price around the same time as the 2nd trade is released. (which was around the time saga saw a big spike in rrp prices)

Nice deal whoever got those. The supply-demand ratio for #1 isn't going to be huge cos the print run for #1 was a billion or something.

This title is drawing more attention and will most likely continue to have strong demand especially when it picks up some awards. Are you really serious into thinking 50 K is too many copies to spread around all collectors and readers in the US and abroad for the first print?

Edited by natevegas