• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I wonder why there was such a fall off from issue 4 to issue 5..

Because #4 was higher than normal due to having the blank variant. If you normalize #4 the drop from issue to issue is very steady.

Issue 4 had a blank cover added. (thumbs u

Oh duh! That makes complete sense. I don't know why I didn't realize that.. :facepalm:

lol everyone is so enamored with the RRP no one cares about the first print #1. (shrug)http://www.ebay.com/itm/171165225820?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_38wt_1199 is it because there so easy to get at the moment.

29$ per book.

I was going to bid on this, but I decided to hold off because I have two Issue 1s I think would grade well, so I'm holding off on any first prints. I got a 9.8 Ghost Variant instead.

yeah I can't help myself at $30 you can't beat it I won the last 3 at that price even with a ton of unslabbed copies to good of a deal to pass on.

Because #4 was higher than normal due to having the blank variant. If you normalize #4 the drop from issue to issue is very steady.

Oh duh! That makes complete sense. I don't know why I didn't realize that.. :facepalm:

lol everyone is so enamored with the RRP no one cares about the first print #1. (shrug)http://www.ebay.com/itm/171165225820?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_38wt_1199 is it because there so easy to get at the moment.

29$ per book.

I was going to bid on this, but I decided to hold off because I have two Issue 1s I think would grade well, so I'm holding off on any first prints. I got a 9.8 Ghost Variant instead.

yeah I can't help myself at $30 you can't beat it I won the last 3 at that price even with a ton of unslabbed copies to good of a deal to pass on.

I think you did great :applause:

29$ per book.

I think you did great :applause:

thanks the last one I got went for $27 pure insanity lol I don't expect this to go on for long.

the gap between the regular 1 and the RRP is stupid...much wider than Saga & its RRP.

Eventually it will get closer together but if people are this hot after a comic's RRP then the regular edition should be getting more love than what it is.

the gap between the regular 1 and the RRP is stupid...much wider than Saga & its RRP.

Eventually it will get closer together but if people are this hot after a comic's RRP then the regular edition should be getting more love than what it is.

Not necessarily. Look at the gap between the regular ASM #700 and the Ditko Variant.

There are many cases where a low printed variant can be in very high demand while the regular issue doesn't have near the interest.

Also, like others have said. The fall back for EoW is the FP and Ghost variants.

Edited by ZaCrew

Not necessarily. Look at the gap between the regular ASM #700 and the Ditko Variant.

There are many cases where a low printed variant can be in very high demand while the regular issue doesn't have near the interest.

Also, like others have said. The fall back for EoW is the FP and Ghost variants.

i get your point but i don't think that will be the case here for long i believe by issue 12-15 #1 9.8 Should be a $100 book easy. :wishluck:

i get your point but i don't think that will be the case here for long i believe by issue 12-15 #1 9.8 Should be a $100 book easy. :wishluck:

I hope you hit it on the head. Either way, I would bet it won't be anywhere near a $30 book.

I was thinking the same what's up man.

I hope you hit it on the head. Either way, I would bet it won't be anywhere near a $30 book.

Selling cars like candy bars lol

I am preparing for Thanksgiving with the family and getting ready to buy a LOT of vehicles next month. Its the only time of year it pays to speculate on automobiles :roflmao:

I am preparing for Thanksgiving with the family and getting ready to buy a LOT of vehicles next month. Its the only time of year it pays to speculate on automobiles :roflmao:

Really sounds like a blast man when i visit you got to let me hit the lot lol show you i can sell a ice cream truck in the snow the gift of gab.

Edited by emezy360

Really sound like a blast man when i visit you got to let me hit the lot lol show you i can sell a ice cream truck in the snow the gift of gab.

Come on down and you'll be in luck if you show up in January or February as we have lots of snow and a few ice cream trucks :roflmao:

Really sound like a blast man when i visit you got to let me hit the lot lol show you i can sell a ice cream truck in the snow the gift of gab.

Come on down and you'll be in luck if you show up in January or February as we have lots of snow and a few ice cream trucks :roflmao:

:roflmao: Really i am worried about the 100 books i speculated on and your speculating on actual cars you win lol

Edited by emezy360

another thing that ive wondered about.

What is Hickmans "Track Record" as far as slabs and "Money"?

Since most seem to like comparing EOW to Saga, BKV Brings Y to the table at the very least.

ive not been around long enough, and my knowledge is lacking.

Y was a $200 book (which is pretty much the standard for long-running Vertigo #1s) in 9.8 all the way up until the series ended and none of BKV's other stuff has ever really been worth much.

I think it's nuts that people think it's odd that a 45k print run book that's only on issue 7 isn't worth $100+ in 9.8 - why would it be? Saga #1 was a sub-$100 book in 9.8 up past issue #7 too.

Since most seem to like comparing EOW to Saga, BKV Brings Y to the table at the very least.

Y was a $200 book (which is pretty much the standard for long-running Vertigo #1s) in 9.8 all the way up until the series ended and none of BKV's other stuff has ever really been worth much.

I think it's nuts that people think it's odd that a 45k print run book that's only on issue 7 isn't worth $100+ in 9.8 - why would it be? Saga #1 was a sub-$100 book in 9.8 up past issue #7 too.

I agree with you. BKV is a fantastic writer and we've discussed stuff like Ex Machina on this forum. Lots of factors impact values and time to grow your fan base is one of them. I would be very happy to have been the winner of the those 9.8s at $30 each.

I get your point what i mean is $27-$30 is just insane like i Said i expect i would expect a serious price :bump: between issues 12-15. (thumbs u

Edited by emezy360

To be honest, $10-15 for a book with a 50K print run is insane to me, too.

How about a book like Batman #1 that everybody and their brother bought yet still brings big money. That book was printed 4+ times the numbers of EOW regular cover. This book may never grow in readership but I would be quite surprised with that outcome. I'm not saying it couldn't happen but the vast majority of people who read it, REALLY like it.