• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

To be honest, $10-15 for a book with a 50K print run is insane to me, too.

Maybe at this point but you guys talk like 50k is just insane maybe for a image title but let's

be real it is only 12,359 more than Saga. (shrug)

Edited by emezy360

This book is NOT like Saga.

i cannot stress this enough. not nearly enough.

Look, i like this book, and consider myself a backer via my RRP 9.8, FP 9.8x2 and Ghost 9.8 so if anyone wants it to be "Money" Successful, i would put myself in that boat.

But again, this book is nothing like Saga. Saga is a rare, rare, RARE thing. VERY Rare.

Broads LOVE Saga. they absolutely love it. that is a RARE thing in the comic business, especially for an indie book.

Look, i like this book, and consider myself a backer via my RRP 9.8, FP 9.8x2 and Ghost 9.8 so if anyone wants it to be "Money" Successful, i would put myself in that boat.

But again, this book is nothing like Saga. Saga is a rare, rare, RARE thing. VERY Rare.

Broads LOVE Saga. they absolutely love it. that is a RARE thing in the comic business, especially for an indie book.

That was a point just to compare numbers not story and for every person who loves saga there are 2 that hated it as there is with everything my point is this book is truly amazing

So you can compare it and you constantly reference The Broads to saga like girls are only limited to that series lets get this straight Saga is not the end all be all for everyone. This comming from someone who's invested in both also.

That was a point just to compare numbers not story and for every person who loves saga there are 2 that hated it as there is with everything my point is this book is truly amazing

So you can compare it and you constantly reference The Broads to saga like girls are only limited to that series lets get this straight Saga is not the end all be all for everyone. This comming from someone who's invested in both also.

I can see why females would like Saga. Great book. I personally like East of West more than Saga. To me the difference is simple. Saga is a very intimate, personal story of a small group of characters told from one person's perspective and set against a vast backdrop. East of West is an epic, sweeping story of many characters told from different points of view and stuck together in a relatively small space. These stories aren't at all the same in the telling but I think they very much alike in collectibility and value. I get where you are both coming from and I think we are lucky to have them both.

em, mine was a general rant, not aimed towards you.

it's just that the comparison keeps coming up and it's simply not fair imo.

the only thing they have in common is that they are both Image books.

Nods.. comparing Saga and EoW are like comparing Steel Magnolias to The Godfather.

Both have different target audiences and the both of their audiences love them.

While Saga is featured around emotion and deep personal development/interaction between characters.

EoW, while having some of that character development tends to have more of those, "Woah! That's badass moments"

Edited by ZaCrew

Which is all fine & well, but the female readership just don't impact the single issue market like you think it does - look at Buffy, for instance.

Saga & East of West are very much alike - they're both great, intelligent reads, they actually come out on a decent schedule, and it's obvious that the creators behind the books have a long-term publishing plan in place. Which sets them apart from 95% of the image books that have been released in the last couple of years.

But but but aren't all new titles instantly compared to Saga? lol

So true. People compare everything to walking dead to justify their speculation as well. lol

I do agree with TBP about broads loving saga. If any of you are on instagram, I see tons of broads posting pictures about the book. Women relate to the theme of the book , forbidden love, cats and praying , whatnot.

EoW is Totally different , but it is still a quality read. EoW and saga are my favorite books . I'm heavily invested in EoW btw.

Lastly . 12k print run is a pretty dang big difference when it comes to indie books. My two cents.

Edited by jreezy

But but but aren't all new titles instantly compared to Saga? lol

So true. People compare everything to walking dead to justify their speculation as well. lol

I do agree with TBP about broads loving saga. If any of you are on instagram, I see tons of broads posting pictures about the book. Women relate to the theme of the book , forbidden love, cats and praying , whatnot.

EoW is Totally different , but it is still a quality read. EoW and saga are my favorite books . I'm heavily invested in EoW btw.

Lastly . 12k print run is a pretty dang big difference when it comes to indie books. My two cents.

Praying. :roflmao:

(Remembering last issue)

What are the signals to say that this book might not be as valuable in the secondary market as everyone says?

For example, the series is at #10 and we are still seeing declining print numbers?

Or at #12 and the regular #1 still selling around cover?

What are the signals to say that this book might not be as valuable in the secondary market as everyone says?

For example, the series is at #10 and we are still seeing declining print numbers?

The moon falling out of orbit lol

I'd be concerned if at issue #12 the print run drops under 30k and continues to drop.

Cats and Dogs living together.

Could you stop referring to women as "broads"?

i COULD, but choose not to.

i COULD, but choose not to.

Why?