• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I always thought it'd be really cool if they did editions dressed up to look like the books that contain the message. Essentially make them look like various religious texts on the covers.

Yelp this needs to happen. Good call.

Decided it's time to own an RRP today. So the hunt begins :D

Edited by projekt

I always thought it'd be really cool if they did editions dressed up to look like the books that contain the message. Essentially make them look like various religious texts on the covers.

Yelp this needs to happen. Good call.

Decided it's time to own an RRP today. So the hunt begins :D

+2

jApggTq.jpg

EAST OF WEST, THE APOCALYPSE: YEAR ONE HC

STORY: JONATHAN HICKMAN

ART / COVER: NICK DRAGOTTA

JULY 8 / 504 PAGES / FC / T+ / $49.99

The oversized prestige collection of the First Year of The Apocalypse.

Collects EAST OF WEST #1-15.

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Woo! Man, I already posted my crazy 'shut up and take my money' image, so I guess I'll just have to show my enthusiasm with text and a pre-order.

The more I look at the cover for the hardcover, the more I kinda hope it's one of those placeholder covers. It looks too much like something outta a Hickman/Bodenheim comic, which don't get me wrong, I love the work they do together, but I think this cover doesn't quite do justice to the art of EoW, specifically Martin's brilliant colors. I'm not really feeling the Orange Death.

The more I look at the cover for the hardcover, the more I kinda hope it's one of those placeholder covers. It looks too much like something outta a Hickman/Bodenheim comic, which don't get me wrong, I love the work they do together, but I think this cover doesn't quite do justice to the art of EoW, specifically Martin's brilliant colors. I'm not really feeling the Orange Death.

I like the image.

Not sure about the color.

I like the image.

Not sure about the color.

Yeah, that's probably what my biggest issue is, If it were black with regularly covered Death on it, I'd be fine with it..

Or if like, Apocalypse: Year One had flashback Death, Year Two had Issue 1 Death, and Year Three had Eye-Patch Death on it that'd be cool.. But just the Orange seems so random..

The five ghost HC had a place keeper pic for the preorder. I would think this might be the same. Maybe Felix can give us a little insight.

That's a good point, do you remember is Saga or Manhattan Projects did as well?

I don't like it... but strongly feel it is similar to preceding covers. If you made it a half cover and slapped the logo under him I'd believe it was next month's book. Not saying I'm right and your wrong, but that is my take.

I don't take it that way.. You're certainly entitled to feel the way you do.. I would agree with you if slapped an orange background on the top half. It doesn't seem like much, but all the covers have a solid cover up top, with the image tinted in the same shade, and since Dragotta took over the cover work, he's added some textures to the backgrounds as well. A single orange figure on a full sized white cover doesn't feel like East of West to me.

The five ghost HC had a place keeper pic for the preorder. I would think this might be the same. Maybe Felix can give us a little insight.

That's a good point, do you remember is Saga or Manhattan Projects did as well?

I don't like it... but strongly feel it is similar to preceding covers. If you made it a half cover and slapped the logo under him I'd believe it was next month's book. Not saying I'm right and your wrong, but that is my take.

I don't take it that way.. You're certainly entitled to feel the way you do.. I would agree with you if slapped an orange background on the top half. It doesn't seem like much, but all the covers have a solid cover up top, with the image tinted in the same shade, and since Dragotta took over the cover work, he's added some textures to the backgrounds as well. A single orange figure on a full sized white cover doesn't feel like East of West to me.

Reasonable points :thumbsup:

We'll see what happens - either way, I'm rarely in love with this books covers, but hopefully it is just a placeholder.