• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

I love the dialogue between Babylon and Balloon!

I was hoping his Dad would reach him by the end of the TPB! Hopefully later!

Also enjoyed the smack he laid on that Horseman during his escape!

I think when they meet it will be epic in the same way that it was when Death and the Ranger met.

I think when they meet it will be epic in the same way that it was when Death and the Ranger met.

See, I'm just the opposite, I think if they do actually ever meet that something awful is going to happen during that reunion. I have a really bad feeling about it... I think it could be a major shift if and when it does occur.

See, I'm just the opposite, I think if they do actually ever meet that something awful is going to happen during that reunion. I have a really bad feeling about it... I think it could be a major shift if and when it does occur.

hm

It probably won't be like a typical family reunion. I think it'll be a pretty even battle if it comes to it. The other 3 horsemen don't seem too eager to face Death alone.

Speaking of a Babylon sketch... there really isn't a surefire way to do a commission with Nick is there? I know he is on Nexus' site, but as far as I can see there is no real mechanism for inquiring about such things out there.

All anyone has to do is go to the Contact section of my site if they have any questions:

http://www.felixcomicart.com/contact.asp

Regarding commissions, sorry to say, Nick's list is full. But sign up for the mailing list; when Nick is available again, I'll let the list know first. Also, he *may* do some light sketching at ECCC or C2E2...he'll decide when he gets to the shows. Thanks for the interest, good luck!

hm

It probably won't be like a typical family reunion. I think it'll be a pretty even battle if it comes to it. The other 3 horsemen don't seem too eager to face Death alone.

to be fair, the other 3 Horsemen are still teenagers, while Death is fully grown and somehow escaped dying once already.

We're about to close out this arc, so I'm expecting major things in the next two issues. Especially with the implications of the end of this issue

I just read it. This book is soooooooooooo great !!! :cloud9:

It would be impossible to jump in the middle of the story and get what's going on so I'm sure people are thankful that the trades are inexpensive. If they end this book the way they started it, it is going in the legendary stack next to my all time greats. I can't get over how much I love it. Bring on #19 but if they stay this good, take your time. :takeit:

I love this cover. The Ranger is the Boba Fett of East of West though he does have more page/screen time early on. I think he is the end of many of the Chosen.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/East-Of-West-1-Forbidden-Planet-Variant-CGC-SS-9-6-Dragotta-Sketch-Image-/121596319867?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4fb4987b

Yeah, the asking price is kinda high for a 9.6.

I would have thought EoW would have done much better than it has on the slab market.

I agree. It looks like most #1's can be had for 40 bucks or less at 9.8

hm

I agree. Now that Babylon has been programmed to have free will, the tone of the reunion with his father will all depend on the path Babylon takes and his choices along his journey.

I agree. Now that Babylon has been programmed to have free will, the tone of the reunion with his father will all depend on the path Babylon takes and his choices along his journey.

I'm not sure their version of free will is going to be free will... I mean, we saw Orion's "choice", right? To me, he never seemed to have much of a chance.

Until Babylon is disconnected from the network that controls every thing he sees and hears, I don't believe he'll have much freedom. I think we'll just see a different form of manipulation.

Yeah, the asking price is kinda high for a 9.6.

I would have thought EoW would have done much better than it has on the slab market.

I agree. It looks like most #1's can be had for 40 bucks or less at 9.8

I've never understood this. A lot of books like Manifest Destiny, Rat Queens, and Sex Criminals sell for more but as good as they are, they just can't hold a candle to this story. Its really strange but I still think it was because so few people held the majority of the 1st issue. They weren't on the shelf at my LCS for 15 minutes after they came out. Sets do pretty well but to me, this should be fighting with the biggest and the best in terms of resale value. 2c

I'm not sure their version of free will is going to be free will... I mean, we saw Orion's "choice", right? To me, he never seemed to have much of a chance.

Until Babylon is disconnected from the network that controls every thing he sees and hears, I don't believe he'll have much freedom. I think we'll just see a different form of manipulation.

Yep. Its the ultimate in manipulation and I don't see how he overcomes it either...unless daddy can destroy the BALLOON

Yep. Its the ultimate in manipulation and I don't see how he overcomes it either...unless daddy can destroy the BALLOON

JCW_g2_spoiler_md.jpg