• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East of West
1 1

9,321 posts in this topic

Excellent article indeed! Thank you sir! I think this article would be an amazing pitch to get more people on board!!!!! Gosh I love this book!!!! As the end draws near I will be extremely heart broken!!!

Just a head's up to my fellow EoW Boardie fans, I am going to put my Set on the market soon.

If anyone is building a Registry Set, and want to send me offers before I officially put them up, feel free.

I would rather them go to a fan, if they have to go anywhere.

Here is the link to my set. I own several OAKs...

vikingreed's set

Great story.

@vikingreed. Sorry to see you selling off the set as it's been #1 for 2 years. Chuck currently owns the lead so the title is still in good hands. This has been one hell of an adventure and we're not quite halfway to the end. This book, along with Saga, The Walking Dead, and a small list of others, are going to be what most stick out from this time period imho.

Just a head's up to my fellow EoW Boardie fans, I am going to put my Set on the market soon.

If anyone is building a Registry Set, and want to send me offers before I officially put them up, feel free.

I would rather them go to a fan, if they have to go anywhere.

Here is the link to my set. I own several OAKs...

vikingreed's set

Wow!!! (worship)

Great story.

@vikingreed. Sorry to see you selling off the set as it's been #1 for 2 years. Chuck currently owns the lead so the title is still in good hands. This has been one hell of an adventure and we're not quite halfway to the end. This book, along with Saga, The Walking Dead, and a small list of others, are going to be what most stick out from this time period imho.

I still love it. I'm phasing out of Moderns though, and more into Copper and Bronze lately. Too many books, and too little time, lol ...

It would not surprise me if we see an Image Expo exclusive variant early next month, #25 is due out in late April, would have made for a nice issue to have a variant but I doubt they would put out a variant for an issue not yet released officially.

Ok guys i don't quite get it. I bought a lot of these early issues 1-6 because I liked the story to that point. But what would it take for this book to go up in value? Will it ever? It's one of the best stories out there and issue 25 comes out soon. Image has made a lot of good stories since east of west and those to aren't budging either. Thoughts? Sorry to involve money to the discussion about the quality of the book.

There are lots of great books/stories that never seem to raise in price. It is what it is.

EOW was ordered heavy. It was on a lot of people's radar so it's not a hard to find book and because of that the price doesn't raise much.

Ok guys i don't quite get it. I bought a lot of these early issues 1-6 because I liked the story to that point. But what would it take for this book to go up in value? Will it ever? It's one of the best stories out there and issue 25 comes out soon. Image has made a lot of good stories since east of west and those to aren't budging either. Thoughts? Sorry to involve money to the discussion about the quality of the book.

If the series continues as strongly as it has been up until this point, the value will rise. It won't come in time for speculators or flippers (unless, as mentioned, some other media project is announced), or anytime soon, but in a more natural way as time progresses.

The books that come roaring out of the gate at thirty, forty, fifty dollars a pop for a raw #1 prior to the first story arc even ending... those books are the anomalies, not this one. I'm not saying anything that anyone here doesn't know though.