• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warner Bros. Wins Legal Battle for Superman

16 posts in this topic

As far as I am concerned, this was the proper moral and legal decision to have been rendered. And it demonstrates how sometimes overly aggressive lawyers and/or greed can make a situation worse.

The Siegel heirs should have abided by their 2001 agreement to settle the case as had been painstakingly negotiated. Instead, they suffered through ten years of stressful litigation to obtain little to nothing.

Fingers will and shall be pointed.

At Toberoff

Absolutely

From the stuff I read online it seems he was more concerned with gettign his peice of the pie than helping the families

As far as I am concerned, this was the proper moral and legal decision to have been rendered. And it demonstrates how sometimes overly aggressive lawyers and/or greed can make a situation worse.

The Siegel heirs should have abided by their 2001 agreement to settle the case as had been painstakingly negotiated. Instead, they suffered through ten years of stressful litigation to obtain little to nothing.

So what were the terms of the 2001 agreement?

So what were the terms of the 2001 agreement?

I don't know the specifics off the top of my head, but my understanding was that it was quite fair. And obviously fair enough that the family agreed with the blessing of their then legal counsel.

At Toberoff

Absolutely

From the stuff I read online it seems he was more concerned with gettign his peice of the pie than helping the families

As I recall from the file, part of his retainer agreement gave him 50% of the ownership rights. Therefore, he did not have an incentive to settle for anything less than he believed he deserved.

The Ninth Circuit opinion reversing the District Court was only six pages long -- I was expecting to see something much longer. That's a very short opinion and makes it very clear that the 2001 agreement between DC and the Siegel widow should have been enforced by the trial court as a binding contract.

Glad to see this is over.