• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psychics Lounge: Predictions Wanted!

33 posts in this topic

I predict that davidmerryweather will post a picture of himself in some exotic locale, holding a pint. The vision is a little fuzzy, but I think this picture will be posted sometime in the next six months.

(worship) [font:Times New Roman]Wow! That's freakin' amazing! :o

You're now officially my prophet of record.

cat-ale-blurry2A.jpg

Alas, I predict that we'll both eventually need Cataract surgery. [/font] :preach:

People will care if the comic books are Superman,Batman,Captain America and other keys. Most of the rest of the non-key comics are starting to head into interest wise like pulps.

Enjoy your CGC slabbed comics as I think the bloom is off the rose for most,and we will see a much smaller CGC and CGC fanbase in the next 5 years.

Prognosis

CGC will still be here,but a lot of the hardcore CGC fans will have the lost the passion for getting their 30 to 70 year old comic books slabbed,as most will be just content to put them in a mylar,unless as I stated it was a major key. 2c

Thoughts?

People will care if the comic books are Superman,Batman,Captain America and other keys. Most of the rest of the non-key comics are starting to head into interest wise like pulps.

Enjoy your CGC slabbed comics as I think the bloom is off the rose for most,and we will see a much smaller CGC and CGC fanbase in the next 5 years.

Prognosis

CGC will still be here,but a lot of the hardcore CGC fans will have the lost the passion for getting their 30 to 70 year old comic books slabbed,as most will be just content to put them in a mylar,unless as I stated it was a major key. 2c

Thoughts?

A serious response. I think it all comes down to money. If people are still making money by slabbing every comics you can think of, it will still be happening. Folks on the boards will continue to buy at the same pace as long as you get all the praise when you post one with a big number in the corner. I see no signs of any of this changing.

Prognosis

Thoughts?

[font:Times New Roman]Your impressions on the future state of the hobby are well reasoned and may be applicable to lower/mid-grade non-key books, but I'm not seeing the same for HG. From my perspective the CGC rose will still be blooming and fragrant for many years to come, especially in respect to higher grade GA books.

New collectors with discretionary income are entering the GA market all the time for aesthetic and investment reasons. While I'm not ready to pop the cork on any champaign bottles, I'd say the future is still bright and rosy for GA comic collectibles. Pulps are a different animal altogether, but even those values have risen in recent years. [/font]

Prognosis

Thoughts?

I don't see this happening. Heritage, Comiclink, and Metro have made monthly (or nearly monthly) slabbed GA auctions a cottage industry. I can't see Heritage dialing back and trumpeting 5-figure raw books for auction anytime ever.

I predict that next year I will meet many boardies for the first time when, disguising it as a grand tour of the States, but in reality on the run from my creditors after last year's profligate overspending, I turn up in Chicago or San Diego.

The clue that it's me will be when I say - Hi, I'm alanna, can I sleep on your floor?

I hope I'm wrong about the next one, but I predict that the auction calendar will become ever more logjammed, and that I will be joined in debtors prison by all of you.

We'll then be trading Action #1's for scraps of bread.

See ya in Newgate. :hi:

I hope I'm wrong about the next one, but I predict that the auction calendar will become ever more logjammed, and that I will be joined in debtors prison by all of you.

We'll then be trading Action #1's for scraps of bread.

See ya in Newgate. :hi:

If I can find you in the crush!