• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars - New 2013 Ongoing from Dark Horse

505 posts in this topic

If a book is of quality & appeals to me personally, it HAS value.

Entertainment value.

I buy what I like.

I have great speculative skills.

If its worth a red cent.

Great.

If not, I like the material.

Agreed. What I meant by my comment was the fact that I didn't want to get into a story, find that I'm liking it, but then have that story yanked out from under me when another company takes over and decides not to finish the story I was enjoying.

If a book is of quality & appeals to me personally, it HAS value.

Entertainment value.

I buy what I like.

I have great speculative skills.

If its worth a red cent.

Great.

If not, I like the material.

Agreed. What I meant by my comment was the fact that I didn't want to get into a story, find that I'm liking it, but then have that story yanked out from under me when another company takes over and decides not to finish the story I was enjoying.

I believe Dark Horse has SW for another couple years.

That said, Brian Wood is better read by the trade in my opinion as a fan.

More enjoyable.

His story lines seen to be mathematically cut into pieces.

Annoying.

One could also argue that the entire Image company and all there comics IS the modern comics bubble. Lot's of Image books have inflated values JUST because they are Image, and Image happened to produce WD. No proof any of the books we routinely talk about round here have LONG TERM value.

You could also argue that Image is putting out good stories, hence the demand. Not every Image book takes off. If anything most don't.

Read it online and then ordered a copy. I really liked the art in this book. The story was good and the time period (just after ep 4) is very interesting.

I would like the Hastings variant but can't find it here :(

Re: Star Wars returning to Marvel, it's not confirmed yet but people are saying Dark Horse's contract will end either at the end of 2013 or 2014. When it does there is no chance it won't return to Marvel. Why would Disney share the profits with another company when they can publish it in-house and keep all the money?

here is a link to there facebook page, scroll down and it has a link to where you can purchase there star wars variant

http://www.facebook.com/gohastings

Cool! Thanks!!

What's their packaging like? Never ordered before from them but since they're not a comic shop i'm assuming they will just send it in an envelope unbagged or boarded? Might just take a chance at that price.

Also can you find Superior Spider-Man 1 there? I can't see it.

Read it online and then ordered a copy. I really liked the art in this book. The story was good and the time period (just after ep 4) is very interesting.

I would like the Hastings variant but can't find it here :(

Re: Star Wars returning to Marvel, it's not confirmed yet but people are saying Dark Horse's contract will end either at the end of 2013 or 2014. When it does there is no chance it won't return to Marvel. Why would Disney share the profits with another company when they can publish it in-house and keep all the money?

your logic is sound but now that Disney owns Marvel I would imagine they would keep the brand in house with Marvel.

here is a link to there facebook page, scroll down and it has a link to where you can purchase there star wars variant

http://www.facebook.com/gohastings

Cool! Thanks!!

What's their packaging like? Never ordered before from them but since they're not a comic shop i'm assuming they will just send it in an envelope unbagged or boarded? Might just take a chance at that price.

Also can you find Superior Spider-Man 1 there? I can't see it.

All comics are bagged and boarded and then put into a comic mailer box. There is no other protection. If you've ever ordered from Graham Crackers, it's pretty much like that so they'll shift around in the box. Luckily, I've never had any damaged and the condition of the books seem to be better than what I find at the store and it's cheaper for me since my closest Hastings is one hour away. You can't beat 95 cents shipping and you're charged a little bit of tax.

Superior Spider-Man 1 has not been for sale yet. Sometimes it can take up to a week after release date before they post it. Best bet is to check it daily and often.

What Dark Horse comic from the last 15 years is worth money?

Combine that fact with the fact that no Star Wars comic from the last 15 years is worth money. hm

Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi #1 (1st print) is $10-15.

Star Wars: Purge (one-shot) is $10-15.

Star Wars Tales #10 (art or photo cover) is $15-25.

Star Wars; Mace Windu is $10.

Other notables are Star Wars #50-52 and Star Wars: Obsession #1-5.

If we start looking at variants:

Star Wars: Dark Times - Out of the Wilderness (Tate's exclusive) is $30-50.

I could probably go on.

Interestingly, there has also been a recent uptick in Star Wars Marvel back issues on E-Bay. Just a few years ago, Star Wars #1 could routinely be bought for $10-15 raw. Now it is a $30+ book raw. I suspect the age of the original movie (1977), the success of the Clone Wars cartoon, and the recent Disney acquisition has helped contribute to this.

Combine that fact with the fact that no Star Wars comic from the last 15 years is worth money. hm

I could probably go on.

Interestingly, there has also been a recent uptick in Star Wars Marvel back issues on E-Bay. Just a few years ago, Star Wars #1 could routinely be bought for $10-15 raw. Now it is a $30+ book raw. I suspect the age of the original movie (1977), the success of the Clone Wars cartoon, and the recent Disney acquisition has helped contribute to this.

I figured I'd check out your info.

Star Wars: Mace Windu is $10.

You mean this one... in a lot of 6 books, that didn't sell for $1.99?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Lot-of-6-Comics-Mace-Windu-Grievous-Obsession-Jabba-Dooku-/300840367476

Maybe since the grade wasn't NM, that's the problem.

So, here's a NM copy that didn't sell for $3.99.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-MACE-WINDU-ONE-SHOT-NM-2003-/181040923741

I only checked one from your list... should I check the others? (shrug)

I could probably go on.

I figured I'd check out your info.

Star Wars: Mace Windu is $10.

You mean this one... in a lot of 6 books, that didn't sell for $1.99?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Lot-of-6-Comics-Mace-Windu-Grievous-Obsession-Jabba-Dooku-/300840367476

Maybe since the grade wasn't NM, that's the problem.

So, here's a NM copy that didn't sell for $3.99.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-MACE-WINDU-ONE-SHOT-NM-2003-/181040923741

I only checked one... should I check the others? (shrug)

Knock yourself out.

They have 87 left. The Property itself, Star Wars, is enough to get people to look at the book, but what this book has going for it is the story. It's getting great reviews. I don't expect those 87 to last long.