• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swamp thing #1 cgc 9.0......why????

31 posts in this topic

The winning bidder seems to have paid highly for other books in the past, and the underbidder bid 38 times to get it to that price, and the only other comics the underbidder has bought were 3 low grade Shock Suspenstories that they BINned for way more than they're worth. Most curious.

Did someone get their Swamp Thing and Man-Thing Movie hype mixed up?????

Nope, my constant berating of those foolish OS people, and their HOS 92 error, has caused a serious run on the REAL first appearance of the Swamp Thing.

Even so, that price is way out there.

If I were the seller I would have just crapped my pants.

I like to see that. I'm putting a copy in the mail tomorrow heading towards CGC. Looks like a 9.2/9.4 to me. ------Sid

Normally you'd need a 9.6 to see that sort of money... $415 would be a record for a 9.4.

If I were the seller I would have just crapped my pants.

I like to see that. I'm putting a copy in the mail tomorrow heading towards CGC. Looks like a 9.2/9.4 to me. ------Sid

Normally you'd need a 9.6 to see that sort of money... $415 would be a record for a 9.4.

Yeah, I had just been hoping for $250 anyway. I already had the book set to ship. Not doing it because of this closed book. -----Sid

Did someone get their Swamp Thing and Man-Thing Movie hype mixed up?????

Nope, my constant berating of those foolish OS people, and their HOS 92 error, has caused a serious run on the REAL first appearance of the Swamp Thing.

Even so, that price is way out there.

thats what I was thinking! The Truth will set you free!

....and set you back 400 smackers!

shroud444 just sold a 9.2 this evening for a paltry $140....

893whatthe.gif

What's funny is, that's actually a healthy price. GPA average in 9.2 is around 125 and a bunch have gone for under $100.

This 9.0 is one freaky auction result.

Speaking of freaky....

Another example: Witching Hour #1 going for $1,000. I bought a pedigreed copy for "only" $455 18 months ago. Quickly sold mine for $750, because I know it won't last. There's a copy up now for $925. My guess is that reserve won't be met. gossip.gif

But I'm rooting for ya Roger! thumbsup2.gif