• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sam Kieth Photos

21 posts in this topic

doh! Beautiful art came outta that store event!

Was he signing with a corn on the cob?

Sam put sponges on his pens to make it easier on his hands. He said that it helped him draw more/for longer periods of time. Based on what he did at the signing, I'd say that it works.

doh! Beautiful art came outta that store event!

Was he signing with a corn on the cob?

It's a bottle of French's mustard. :makepoint:

Sam was doing one quick doodle for a number of the people in the line at the store that day. As you can imagine, there was a LOOOOONG line of people that came out to see him, and the pictures represent a few of the people we met in line who stopped as they were leaving to allow Jesse to take a photo of their prized possession.

Sam was doing one quick doodle for a number of the people in the line at the store that day. As you can imagine, there was a LOOOOONG line of people that came out to see him, and the pictures represent a few of the people we met in line who stopped as they were leaving to allow Jesse to take a photo of their prized possession.

Those were just quick doodles? That Galactus in the sketchbook looked pretty nice to me.

Those were just quick doodles? That Galactus in the sketchbook looked pretty nice to me.

It took Sam about 10 minutes, including chatting time. Sam's a machine.

Nothing it was COLD. lol He did take the jacket off later in the afternoon once the line had died down. The problem was the door to the shop had to stay propped open for the line of fans which meant the outside cold :eek: air and I do mean COOOOOLD air would come in the shop.

It took Sam about 10 minutes, including chatting time. Sam's a machine.

Probably ten minutes of actual drawing, but not including chatting. (Or maybe I was in the Sam Kieth Reality Distortion Field. It felt like longer, but in a good way.) He kept getting derailed. He had starting before his mother left for a call and she was busting his chops for not being done when she got back. I felt bad for monopolizing him (it's my Galactus!) but, hey, I waited too! But I would agree that most sketches happened in 10-15 minutes, and they were slowed because he seemed to be having fun telling stories. Plus if he didn't break it up by talking he wouldn't have been able to go for as long as he did.