• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next-best-thing to guaranteed CGC 10.0 moderns

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm more of a reader than a poster, so please give me some slack when it comes to my low number. Since this is the Marketplace section, I'd like to tell those interested in high-grade CGC'd moderns about the latest feature of Colossus Comics' CGC 9.8 subscription service:

Now our subscribers to monthly issues of CGC 9.8 comics (any title--includes a reading copy) have first dibs on discounted 9.9's and 10.0's we get in their titles. This will enable someone, for the first time, to easily create a run of a new comic with issues that are all at 9.8 and some higher. Now we call it our 9.8+ subscription.

A press release with details is attached. I'd like to hear any (constructive) thoughts.

Best,

Steve

560004-trade-up release 1.f.pdf

Hi Steve,

Good to hear from you. It's nice to know that you're out there lurking. You may not remember me, but I bought a couple moderns from you at Wondercon, and we chatted at the most recent San Jose Collector's Show when you purchased some Valiants from my table partner, Shin.

This is a neat twist to your subscription service, which IMO is already the best deal out there for CGC 9.8 comics. For guys wanting to build slabbed runs, I can't think of a good reason to use anyone but Colossus.

Best of luck,

-Jim

I'm curious, since you obviously must do a prescreen with a ton of books. What do you do with the ones that don't meet the guidelines? I'd be interested in some series rejects if you're selling them cheap. wink.gif

Brian

re:

This is a neat twist to your subscription service, which IMO is already the best deal out there for CGC 9.8 comics. For guys wanting to build slabbed runs, I can't think of a good reason to use anyone but Colossus.

Best of luck,

-Jim

Jim,

Thanks for your kind feedback about the subscription service. I do remember you from the shows; it really is a small world once you're on the boards and at conventions, isn't it?

Best,

Steve

I'm curious, since you obviously must do a prescreen with a ton of books. What do you do with the ones that don't meet the guidelines? I'd be interested in some series rejects if you're selling them cheap.

Brian

I've been working on the best way to offload all the new comics that don't grade 9.8 or higher. I haven't set anything in stone, but I'm creating a special email list of potential customers for this. Just email me your address if you'd like to be included (I'll keep the list confidential and use it for no other purpose than periodic lists of comics and prices).

Best,

Steve