• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official eBay Drank My Milkshake Thread

433 posts in this topic

Sorry you had to go through that, Bronz. I haven't had it happen yet, but I fear that this will be the result every time I ship something out nowadays.

:eek:

-slym

Thanks,

Its one of my most bizarr E-Bay experiences, and so frustrating because I really would not expect this from a guy with a good rating. When something like this happens so unfairly, and so unexpectedly it really throws you for a loop.

The guy came out of the gate, an A-hole, all correspondence was done through E-Bay, so they had the opportunity to read the emails, and make a judgment based on his aggressive behavior , as well as my immediate willingness to rectify the situation. They completely ignored any of my attempts to have the neg removed.

Thank god, most people on E-BAY are fair and friendly, this person was something else!

This guy sounds like one of those dirtbags who will claim the case was damaged in shipment just to try to get a partial refund out of you when in fact the case is just fine. I always ask for pictures of the damage to make them back their claim up.

And I really don't understand why eBay won't remove the negative feedback. If the USPS caused the (supposed) damage, that's not your fault and you should have it removed from your Transaction Defect Report as well. :sumo:

Board members so inclined might wish to contact the tool through eBay (after blocking him, of course) and relating what they may be thinking about him. ;)

I've figured out what the issue is, somewhat. In my most recent eBay seller newsletter it stated that 37% of my eBay sales were through a mobile device. Hence, read the title and look at the pics...then purchase. No reading of the description at all (I guess it takes too many clicks when you're on the go). That explains why I get so many dumbazz questions like, "Is that a stock photo?" (1st line of description is "The book in the scans is the exact book you'll receive"), "Do you combine shipping?" (4th line of description) and "Is there any coupon cut out/tearing/staining/writing?" (2nd line of description).

The rest of it I chalk up to overall idiocy of the general populace.

Peace,

Chip

ebay needs to cut sellers some slack for mobile device sales. They need to recognize buyers aren't fully following ebay's contractual obligations as a buyer when they don't read stuff.

Ithe dread of the jerk buyer.

Exciting Comics 62.

Today's email:

Dear flying-donut,

Hi,

Got the Exciting 62 today, thanks for the speedy shipping. Unfortunately, I did not notice that the first page was missing :-(. I guess I looked at the pics and missed the description, that little print is hard to read on my iPhone app. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'll need to return it. If you'll just confirm that the address is your return address on the package, I'll ship it back tomorrow. Thanks!

- stoph-man

My response:

Dear stoph-man,

Just to be clear, you're returning this item for a first page missing from an item where the description clearly says:

Lower grade copy of Exciting Comics 62,. Looks VG but first page has been torn out. Xerox color copy of first page provided. Jann of hte Jungle cover, Black Terror story. Bright cover colors, nice pages. Super copy!

I'm not sure how clearer I can be in an description than that. Send it back.

- flying-donut

doh!

Had my first non-positive feedback on eBay today, similar to this one. He got the book today, no message to me or anything, just a neutral feedback with "Comic book smells like sewer. Detached cover. Will not buy from you again."

Now it was a GD grade 54-year-old book, so it might have been a bit musty, but "sewer" is a bit much. And the listing said, "detached cover, spine tears", so I don't know what he might have expected given the price. I AM glad, though, that he won't be buying from me again. :)

I've emailed offering a return, haven't heard back. Should I respond to the feedback pointing out the listing said the cover was detached, or just let it go?

Exciting Comics 62.

Today's email:

Dear flying-donut,

Hi,

Got the Exciting 62 today, thanks for the speedy shipping. Unfortunately, I did not notice that the first page was missing :-(. I guess I looked at the pics and missed the description, that little print is hard to read on my iPhone app. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'll need to return it. If you'll just confirm that the address is your return address on the package, I'll ship it back tomorrow. Thanks!

- stoph-man

My response:

Dear stoph-man,

Just to be clear, you're returning this item for a first page missing from an item where the description clearly says:

Lower grade copy of Exciting Comics 62,. Looks VG but first page has been torn out. Xerox color copy of first page provided. Jann of hte Jungle cover, Black Terror story. Bright cover colors, nice pages. Super copy!

- flying-donut

doh!

Had my first non-positive feedback on eBay today, similar to this one. He got the book today, no message to me or anything, just a neutral feedback with "Comic book smells like sewer. Detached cover. Will not buy from you again."

Now it was a GD grade 54-year-old book, so it might have been a bit musty, but "sewer" is a bit much. And the listing said, "detached cover, spine tears", so I don't know what he might have expected given the price. I AM glad, though, that he won't be buying from me again. :)

I've emailed offering a return, haven't heard back. Should I respond to the feedback pointing out the listing said the cover was detached, or just let it go?

I'd respond with noting that the detahed cover was stated as such in the auction description & reinterate that you offer a 100% hassle free return policy.(I'm assuming you do).

Just keep it short and polite.

Exciting Comics 62.

Today's email:

Dear flying-donut,

Hi,

- stoph-man

My response:

Dear stoph-man,

- flying-donut

doh!

1. Post their name here. People who will not bother to work out a problem before resorting to damaging tactics...whether their problem is valid or not...are the definition of "problem buyer."

2. Respond to the FB saying something like "Detached cover noted in description. No contact before FB left." They'll get a chance to respond, but at that point, it doesn't matter. You've stated your case, without getting personal.

I've figured out what the issue is, somewhat. In my most recent eBay seller newsletter it stated that 37% of my eBay sales were through a mobile device. Hence, read the title and look at the pics...then purchase. No reading of the description at all (I guess it takes too many clicks when you're on the go). That explains why I get so many dumbazz questions like, "Is that a stock photo?" (1st line of description is "The book in the scans is the exact book you'll receive"), "Do you combine shipping?" (4th line of description) and "Is there any coupon cut out/tearing/staining/writing?" (2nd line of description).

The rest of it I chalk up to overall idiocy of the general populace.

Peace,

Chip

eBay wants everything to be identical widgets, "just like" Amazon. They do not want to deal with collectibles. They've made that quite clear since Donahoe took over.

That's demonstrated by their push to "buy from your devices!" which leads to this kind of nonsense.

It's almost to the point of putting "READ DESCRIPTION" in the titles.

It's almost to the point of putting "READ DESCRIPTION" in the titles.

Funny, I have actually seen more than one auction listing that has that in the title. At the time I thought it was oddly redundant and a waist of title characters since nobody searches for "read/see description"

But now that you mention it, I suppose the increase in dissatisfied buyers who believed the expediency of purchasing with a mobile device precluded them from doing a buyer's due diligence is probably what's driving that.

Still, if common sense, or at the very least the basic self-interest to get what you want, doesn't motivate a buyer to read the description, I don't see how putting that in the title is going to make it happen.

So that Detective 33 was trimmed after all....

More EBay fun. I sent it out and as soon as I heard it was trimmed I contacted the seller. This is after at least 3 emails where he stated the book was NOT trimmed prior to purchase. Since I contacted him on day 15 after physically receiving the book, one day past his 14 day easy return policy, he said the sale was final. He also said he spent the money and called EBay and they said the burden of proof is on me. I hate having to deal with this .

So that Detective 33 was trimmed after all....

More EBay fun. I sent it out and as soon as I heard it was trimmed I contacted the seller. This is after at least 3 emails where he stated the book was NOT trimmed prior to purchase. Since I contacted him on day 15 after physically receiving the book, one day past his 14 day easy return policy, he said the sale was final. He also said he spent the money and called EBay and they said the burden of proof is on me. I hate having to deal with this .

His return policy doesn't apply in this case. The return policy is in place for items the buyer no longer wants for whatever reason. It is not in place for items that are not as described or defective, broken, missing pieces, etc.

I can't imagine having to deal with eBay over a trimmed comic, as it is likely something the average customer service rep has zero experience in dealing with, but I think you will eventually get your money back.

Doesn't matter what he tries-Paypal will reverse the charges no matter what if you say item is not as described.

Then you can expose him with a big fat neg

I've had to deal with PP and EBay before when bidding on a un-restored book (aka the Ed Heaton incident) and at the end of the time slot EBay and PP just sides with the seller. Plus tying up $5500 for up to 2-months waiting for someone who may not have my best interest in mind deciding who is right or wrong? Then you have to open an appeal and hope the person on the other side has a clue.

I did a charge-back and already have printed out numerous emails where he stated the book was not trimmed. I have the work order from Matt Nelson saying the book was cut. I'll just send it to my CC company when I get their paperwork. One of the reasons he can't refund the money: he spent it and he still needs to make a profit.... Now he is saying the book had a married cover and that's why it looks different. In hand, the book had messy pages on 2 of the 3 sides. The top part was razor sharp. I had a feeling it was trimmed, but for $50 why not have a pro look at it.

Why not just say the book could have been trimmed in the auction and have everyone bid on full disclosure? Because he would have got about 3k for it.

I just took something back on EBay more than 6 weeks later just because the buyer sounded genuine in his reasoning. He made a mistake buying it. Whatever. This guy knew what he had. More paperwork and drama to deal with.

I know Ebay and PP don't like charge-backs, but I can't rely on their judgement after so many screw ups that I had to appeal.

Even a customer service rep at my CC company after explaining to them what trimming was stated that my case was strong and I should not have a problem especially since I have emails from him.

I'd respond with noting that the detached cover was stated as such in the auction description & reinterate that you offer a 100% hassle free return policy.(I'm assuming you do).

Just keep it short and polite.

Short isn't a problem, given the amount of space there is a for a reply. lol

1. Post their name here. People who will not bother to work out a problem before resorting to damaging tactics...whether their problem is valid or not...are the definition of "problem buyer."

2. Respond to the FB saying something like "Detached cover noted in description. No contact before FB left." They'll get a chance to respond, but at that point, it doesn't matter. You've stated your case, without getting personal.

That's pretty much what I did. Haven't heard back from my email offer of a refund, so don't know.

As for posting the name, I'm not a real big fan of that, but might as well. From his previous feedback, doesn't look like he buys many comics, so don't know if folks might run into him, but the eBay username is parsandre.

So I bought a Vault of Horror comic raw last week. Title was nice enough to say "No Tape". Got it today, both sides are glued onto the book. Looks like there's about 3 spots of super glue on each side....

Well, he didnt lie, It wasn't TAPE!!!