• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

47 longboxs for $500 5 cents a book Craigslist

57 posts in this topic

hm

About 15 minutes from where I work...

lol

while this guy is thinking about it...

Go ahead, I'm on the fence about it anyway.

I'm not nearly the hardcore collector some of you are, and for the stuff I do collect, I have all my runs complete, the only buying I do nowadays is upgrades for stuff I already have, so I don't think there will be much of anything that I would want for my own collection.

From what people have said, and the looks of the pics, it does seem to be extremely picked over, and if the guy selling it has a store and can't move it, then It would probably be hard for me to sell .

It's tempting, but I know it will probably just sit in my garage till my next move at which point I would probably sell it for next to nothing just to be rid of it.

I just wish I had a son the same age I was when I got into collecting (11) I would buy it for him. I would have been thrilled beyond words at that age to get 10'000 books, even if they were all .

SOOOO, if anyone else is interested, be my guest, and go for it, but if it turns out to have some great stuff, I don't want to hear about it, lol.

Now you have me really thinking about it. I was just kidding. I don't need that kind of headache. But... I do have a son who is 11 in fact. And two daughters 9 and 13. They might get some fun reading out of it and I may be able to get them hooked.

I can only imagine what it would have been like to get 10'000 books at that age, I would have all my friends over to look at them, and junk or not, I would have been the envy of all my friends.

And if your kids don't want them, they probably know someone in school who does that they could trade some too for something they really want.

I guess I am the only crazy guy that would be all over this. 5 cent/ book. Junk or not. I could not pass on that much fun. Then again, I love reading some junk anyway. It would also fit into my own junk collection and I would double my collection to over 20.000 books...

It's just a big shame that I live on the wrong side of the world!..

And he bought them.

Good for him

I'm glad someone from here got it.

I wasn't crazy about the idea of having to tie a bunch of longboxes to the top of my jeep

Let us know what all ends up being in it, so I'll know how bad I should feel for not getting it myself.