• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

47 longboxs for $500 5 cents a book Craigslist

57 posts in this topic

If you have the space and the time, it could be a very nice deal.

Of course a lot of it depends on if these books are sorted in any sort of order, have bags and boards, ect, ect.

You really need an assembly line approach to these deals, or in the end you'd be better off using the time to deliver pizzas. Without access to a large truck, you'll spend the better part of a day just moving them to a new location.

Hey, I didn't even realize that we were talking about my neck of the woods.

I'd love to hear what was in the lot.

I've pulled a fair amount of decent stuff out of their dollar boxes over the last couple of years.

Which store are you guys talking about? I'm in the Twin Cities too.

It was Cedar Cliff Collectibles that sold them, in Eagan.

And he bought them.

Good for him

I'm glad someone from here got it.

I wasn't crazy about the idea of having to tie a bunch of longboxes to the top of my jeep

Let us know what all ends up being in it, so I'll know how bad I should feel for not getting it myself.

Next time, make multiple trips. (thumbs u

I stop by last night after work to check them out, he told me that 2 of the long boxes where newer stuff, maybe $2 stuff. The rest was 80-90's. He said most of it would be 25 cent stuff. He paid less than the $500 that was asked, but he didn't say how much he paid for them.

Very easy flip at that price. At least in my area, long boxes are easy to blow out on CL at $20 each. If you have the space for 47 extra boxes, + the transport available anyway, for me it would be easy to make money on these without even opening a lid up, or spending any time working them.

After searching about 600 books I picked up at a yard sale... reading, sorting, grading, bagging, listing, selling, shipping... all to end up with about two dozen keepers and (at best) enough profit to buy another half dozen books I wanted... no thanks. I'm just not a seller. Too much time and effort for my collecting focus.