• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

My PS3 just gave me the yellow light of death or whatever you want to call it. Anybody else have any experience with this and were able to fix it?

My wife recommends dumping it and having me wait for the PS4.

Just let it cool off for a bit than do the "auto clean" function.

You can youtube how to do it. Its really easy.

Anyone here playing Skylanders? It's definitely a kids game, with an insidious twist: you collect toys that you play in the game. Some consider it something akin to paid content unlock (as the game's character is already on the disk)...but I have to admit---the OCD collector in me gets a big kick collecting and finding these just as I do the comics. My son is the true fan though--he loves it.

I've got the complete series 1 and series 2 (so far)...and they've announced Swap Force...now you can create 256 combinations of 16 characters. Whatcha think?

http://kotaku.com/5982346/theres-skylanders-swap-force-footage-in-this-video-and-its-lovely

Looks like the pawn stars has aired in the US; anybody see it? I am hearing quite a bit of negative reaction on the game forums. Its being interpreted there as shameless self promotion. Hasnt aired in canada so I have not seen

Looks like the pawn stars has aired in the US; anybody see it? I am hearing quite a bit of negative reaction on the game forums. Its being interpreted there as shameless self promotion. Hasnt aired in canada so I have not seen

Self-promotion, as in Pat promoting himself? What else was he supposed to do?

Again I havent seen it so I cant draw conclusions, but what I am hearing is that he basically came on to pimp his game. I suspect there wouldnt have been as much negative reaction if he didnt call out people for doing the same sort of thing. Ill pm u more

I just watched it; it's on YouTube. I was pleasantly surprised, it was a good segment overall, the bellyaching I've been reading is way over the top for what the segment actually was. Only legit complaint is that it's totally staged, but then that is no surprise.

I just watched it; it's on YouTube. I was pleasantly surprised, it was a good segment overall, the bellyaching I've been reading is way over the top for what the segment actually was. Only legit complaint is that it's totally staged, but then that is no surprise.

I saw it and it seemed totally fine to me. Given that we all know who he is, it was obvious he wasn't going to sell the games, but like you said all that krap is staged anyway. Not shocking.

I don't know the self-promotion angle, but nobody who sees that show is going to know who he is if they didn't already. It's not like he dropped a link to his youtube account or anything.

I searched this thread and couldn't find anything on Star Wars The Old Republic. Now that it is free to play I was considering picking it up. I was a big fan of the first two X-box releases and was wondering if anyone had played TOR and could LMK if it was worth getting.

Depends a bit on what you are expecting. As a single player/co-op game with a fun story and nice quests, lore et cetera it's great. Reminds me of kotor :)

As a mmorpg it's pretty boring in the long run, endgame, instances, itemization, raids etc. Most of the ppl I know stopped playing it pretty fast. Pvp is not my thing but I know a lot of ppl found that pretty lack-lusting also.

So yeah, Worth getting but dont expect a sensational mmo.

Depends a bit on what you are expecting. As a single player/co-op game with a fun story and nice quests, lore et cetera it's great. Reminds me of kotor :)

As a mmorpg it's pretty boring in the long run, endgame, instances, itemization, raids etc. Most of the ppl I know stopped playing it pretty fast. Pvp is not my thing but I know a lot of ppl found that pretty lack-lusting also.

So yeah, Worth getting but dont expect a sensational mmo.

Thanks for the info (thumbs u

Anyone here playing Skylanders? It's definitely a kids game, with an insidious twist: you collect toys that you play in the game. Some consider it something akin to paid content unlock (as the game's character is already on the disk)...but I have to admit---the OCD collector in me gets a big kick collecting and finding these just as I do the comics. My son is the true fan though--he loves it.

I've got the complete series 1 and series 2 (so far)...and they've announced Swap Force...now you can create 256 combinations of 16 characters. Whatcha think?

http://kotaku.com/5982346/theres-skylanders-swap-force-footage-in-this-video-and-its-lovely

I have played it with my son a few times and I enjoyed it. He really likes getting new characters to play. I think it is a cool but costly idea.