• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

DS3 is 30 times better, Aliens feels rushed even though put back so many times, the actual Aliens AI is the worst I have known, just want to do campaign and send it back
I've almost got Dead Space Platinum.

I plan on getting Dead Space 2 & 3 soon.

Is Bayonetta for PS3 any good?

The gameplay in Bayonetta is really good (not as good as God of War, IMO). The story, though, is kinda.....out there. It was enjoyable. I got the Platinum trophy for it.

Bayonetta's combat system is much deeper than God of War's, but GOW has puzzles and platforming and other great stuff, so the gameplay is much more varied. And yeah, Bayonetta's story is nonsense.

Also I would recommend Vanquish (made by the same people who made Bayonetta- Platinum Games). It's a short, but very fun game.

:headbang: Vanquish is criminally underrated. If Bayonetta is the master of combat mechanics, Vanquish is the master of third-person shooting mechanics. After Vanquish, every other third-person shooter just seems boring and slow-paced. Those guys at Platinum games are insanely talented.

And speaking of Platinum, their new game comes out next week. Platinum + Metal Gear = nerdgasm for me:

here's a fun little history lesson I posted on another site :insane:

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=5&threadid=96130

Skykid is an awesome game, loved it as a kid. :cloud9:

I don't care that he may have been a little light in the loafers. :sumo:

Nothing wrong with that, I'm just peeling back the layers on the onion! :insane:

I always thought that scarf was a little too saucy for a straight man.

My question is... are the goggles for flying, or....? :insane:

:headbang: Vanquish is criminally underrated. If Bayonetta is the master of combat mechanics, Vanquish is the master of third-person shooting mechanics. After Vanquish, every other third-person shooter just seems boring and slow-paced. Those guys at Platinum games are insanely talented.

And speaking of Platinum, their new game comes out next week. Platinum + Metal Gear = nerdgasm for me:

I consider myself a pretty avid gamer, and I try to get the platinum trophy for every game I enjoy. And I never played a game that really game me fits on getting the plat until I played Vanquish. FUN game and I loved it....but I'll be damned if getting the plat on that game was impossible. It was pretty easy until you got to the challenges. It was the last wave in the last challenge (Challenge 6 I think it was) that was just beyond my gaming abilities. After about 2 weeks I just quit trying.

And yes, I'm not really a Metal Gear fan, but the new one looks pretty awesome. Especially since Platinum Games is putting it out, you just know it's going to be good. If I wasn't addicted to Borderlands 2 I'd check it out.

I consider myself a pretty avid gamer, and I try to get the platinum trophy for every game I enjoy. And I never played a game that really game me fits on getting the plat until I played Vanquish. FUN game and I loved it....but I'll be damned if getting the plat on that game was impossible. It was pretty easy until you got to the challenges. It was the last wave in the last challenge (Challenge 6 I think it was) that was just beyond my gaming abilities. After about 2 weeks I just quit trying.

And yes, I'm not really a Metal Gear fan, but the new one looks pretty awesome. Especially since Platinum Games is putting it out, you just know it's going to be good. If I wasn't addicted to Borderlands 2 I'd check it out.

Yeah, that last challenge in Vanquish is notoriously difficult.

Hey guys, I started a facebook page and webstore for some of my extra retro and current gaming stuff. If you get a chance to check either out, let me know what you think. Also, if you want to stay current with new product updates, "Like" the Facebook page. Any feedback is appreciated.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Console-HQ/239257879539578

Webstore: https://consolehq.ecwid.com/simple-store

Thanks

-Chris

Yeah, that last challenge in Vanquish is notoriously difficult.

But is it call of duty world at war on veteran hard. That game broke my soul. lol

But is it call of duty world at war on veteran hard. That game broke my soul. lol

Harder, actually. I think the few games to rate higher in plat difficulty are Ninja Gaiden 2 and WipeOut HD.

A good place to go for trophies (if you're into getting them) is: ps3trophies.org. They have great trophy guides and "roadmaps" on how to obtain them the quickest.

Harder, actually. I think the few games to rate higher in plat difficulty are Ninja Gaiden 2 and WipeOut HD.

A good place to go for trophies (if you're into getting them) is: ps3trophies.org. They have great trophy guides and "roadmaps" on how to obtain them the quickest.

I take it you've seen this? Absolute insanity. I wonder how many hours he put in to be able to do this:

That looks terrible. Why does Capt. Marvel have a cape? Why do they both wear something looking like multi layered armor?

Its set in the future where a tyranical Superman is a dictator.

I imagine it offers some protection.

Anyone here playing Skylanders? It's definitely a kids game, with an insidious twist: you collect toys that you play in the game. Some consider it something akin to paid content unlock (as the game's character is already on the disk)...but I have to admit---the OCD collector in me gets a big kick collecting and finding these just as I do the comics. My son is the true fan though--he loves it.

I've got the complete series 1 and series 2 (so far)...and they've announced Swap Force...now you can create 256 combinations of 16 characters. Whatcha think?

http://kotaku.com/5982346/theres-skylanders-swap-force-footage-in-this-video-and-its-lovely

I have played it with my son a few times and I enjoyed it. He really likes getting new characters to play. I think it is a cool but costly idea.

I would say so, Activision has sold $1b and 100 million toys since the 2011 launch. I consider this an ingenious way to legitimize DLC by requiring a purchase of a toy.

Still, it's very cool for 6-10 year olds--which fits my kids to a T. I'll admit, it's cool too.

If this article is true, it looks like EA might possibly kill the Dead Space franchise if DS3 doesn't sell 5 million copies (it won't). :(

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/15/dead-space-needs-around-five-million-fans-to-survive-according-to-ea/

This is why I think it's important to support franchises you're a fan of by ponying up the $60 when it first hits shelves. It would be nice if publishers tempered their projections and stopped trying to force Call of Duty-like sales numbers, but that's not gonna happen.

It's a fantastic series of games. I'm hoping this isn't the end. :(

wow, I am surprised at that! If a title like that can't survive, you wonder what chance lesser franchises have.

The Dead Space games sell well, and a lot of franchises survive on much less. I'm guessing this is some sort of mismanagement on EA's end; most likely an inflated budget.

Current production methods of video games must be unsustainable these days.

Bronty's market report:

Interest in sealed black boxes continues to increase. This is sort of the early actions equivalent in NES.

("sort of" as the analogy really doesn't work other than its a popular and high priced run).

Any decent title black box in good condition (ie outside of the 7-8 cheapies) seems to go around 5k these days. Just sold these spares for 11k and change for the pair and neither one lasted more than an hour. Makes me wonder if selling them is such a great idea but I have taxes to pay :sick: on other sales

P1000096_zps2f195d6a.jpg

P1000113_zpsd4ac534d.jpg

Bronty's market report:

Interest in sealed black boxes continues to increase. This is sort of the early actions equivalent in NES.

("sort of" as the analogy really doesn't work other than its a popular and high priced run).

Any decent title black box in good condition (ie outside of the 7-8 cheapies) seems to go around 5k these days. Just sold these spares for 11k and change for the pair and neither one lasted more than an hour. Makes me wonder if selling them is such a great idea but I have taxes to pay on other sales

It will be interesting to see where these prices go, but you've done well enough that I wouldn't worry. It's not like you're short of items in your collection that have serious upward potential. You can't keep everything. ;)

Can anyone recommend a good PS3 hard drive?

I used up all of the 120GB in my PS3 :frustrated:

I need one with a LOT of storage.

I'm not sure. My solution to the HD filling up on my first PS3 was to buy a second PS3. :facepalm: