• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

[quote=

And speaking of Platinum, their new game comes out next week. Platinum + Metal Gear = nerdgasm for me:

Sorry bro, but this is not Metal Gear. It's a hack and slash disguised as Metal Gear. Tactical Espionage Action it is not.

It's a spin-off. It's going to be an all-out action game, to be sure, but it's being made by arguably the most talented studio for producing pure action games in existence.

And I disagree with the idea that this isn't a Metal Gear game. Every Metal Gear game has had crazy, off the wall action; it was just relegated to unplayable cut-scenes. I look at this game as an opportunity to finally play all those crazy cut-scenes, instead of just watching them.

MGS is about stealth. This game is not. Plus the main character is using a sword! :facepalm:

But it's all about personal opinion. I hope you enjoy the game. I played the demo and it looks good....for what it is.....

MGS is about stealth. This game is not. Plus the main character is using a sword!

Stealth is a part of Metal Gear Rising. And even in the original games, stealth was only part of it. Much of the game (like boss battles) were full-on combat.

As for swords, did you forget about Grey Fox in the first Metal Gear Solid? Or the final boss battle being a sword fight in Metal Gear Solid 2? :baiting:

Happy Metal Gear Solid Rising day!

Picked this up and played for 2 hours earlier this evening. I'm absolutely in-love. :cloud9:

This is a must for anyone who enjoys hardcore action games like Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden.

Just a heads up. Dead Space 3 for PS3, PC and Xbox is the Amazon Goldbox deal right now for $39.99.

I hope some of you picked it up, it's an awesome game and that's a great price. Finished it last week, and my playthrough was 17 hours long, so it's definitely worth the cash.

[font:Book Antiqua]Could we expect the new Play Station 4 today...?[/font]

:wishluck:

:luhv:

Yep.

Sony's conference starts streaming live at 6pm eastern. :banana: