• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

Yup. Exactly the same strategy for me. By the time I've finished with my backlog the new GTA should be down to £15 or less - my typical price range.

I'm playing Oblivion as an Imperial Archer.

I almost bought GTA V in the mall the other day... and then decided I should buy a GTA 4 and play that first :insane:

I'll play V when its cheaper too. By the time I get around to finishing 4, I should be able to get V for $10 :insane:

I managed to finish IV, but it was a slog.

I'm a dozen hours into V. I cannot believe how good it is. It sets a new benchmark for this industry.

Too bad IV is not that good. =(

It's the only one I didn't finish (not counting with 5 of course).

WTF is going on in your sig? Who would just lie back and take that?

The worst thing is that you can see the girl is no stranger to throwing punches... It's the sickest gif I've ever seen, you can't just look away from it!

Too bad IV is not that good. =(

It's the only one I didn't finish (not counting with 5 of course).

Same. Completed 3, Vice City, and San Andreas. Probably got 20% complete on 4.

Same here too. I'm only about 5-6 hours into V and can't say I love it yet but I am enjoying it. The driving is vastly improved which helps a lot.

The tennis playing isn't a complete wreck. I can win a game. I'm slow with missions, really slow. I try to do all the side stuff so I'm focusing on freaks and strangers and filling my garages with the best cars possible.

Apparently, there may be a problem with saving modified cars.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200218557-Vehicles-disappearing-from-the-GTA-V-garage-or-losing-upgrades

The missions in GTA V appear easier, since when you fail, you don't have to start from the beginning. There are many checkpoints in each mission. Having finished every GTA game, except the PSP and iPhone platforms, I like San Andreas the best. The combat and driving portions are relatively easy, but I died multiple times while trying to fly underneath bridges.

I am going to play slowly and wait for Arkham Origins next month. At least GTA V has tremendous play value. Last month, I got Ducktales Remastered, finished in a few hours, and got most of the medals.

The tennis playing isn't a complete wreck. I can win a game. I'm slow with missions, really slow. I try to do all the side stuff so I'm focusing on freaks and strangers and filling my garages with the best cars possible.

Apparently, there may be a problem with saving modified cars.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200218557-Vehicles-disappearing-from-the-GTA-V-garage-or-losing-upgrades

:cry:

I just spent 50 grand modifying a car

Finished gtaV the other day

How many hours to finish it? I play a few missions and stop playing. Still pretty early in the game. It's not drawing me in making me wanna play more. (shrug)

each character had over 15hrs when I beat the game now I'm working on some of the collectibles.

Preordered the new Batman Arkham Origins from Gamestop the other day. First time I've preordered a game in a very long time, but I wanted the Gamestop exclusive stuff and I knew I would buy the game eventually.