• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The all purpose Videogame Thread!
1 1

3,614 posts in this topic

I still have all my Playstations,

my PS is the original dark grey,

my PS2 is a launch system...the big brick of a thing,

and my PS3 is a launch system as well...with all the fancy card slots and compatable goodness :cloud9:

Welcome to the family PS4

I got my amazon ps4 no problems. Works great. Only had one lock up so far and it was due to the Amazon App and not the console itself. I did the update via usb and had downloaded it the week before launch to avoid the sever slow down caused by launch days.

Killzone is freaking hard (or more likely I suck). Marvel Lego is fantastic. If you like Marvel get it. I think its on every console even handhelds and PC.

So my buddy waited in line last thursday evening, got the PS4, gets home... NO WORKIE! Doesn't turn on, nadda.

He's superrrrrrrrrr pissed.

Did he just exchange it?

I wonder how stock in stores is? I ordered online a long time ago but I did notice Target was cleaned out of consoles and all but 3 games yesterday.

Got the ps4 on day 1 and love it so far. Bought the new COD, Killzone and Lego Marvel (of course) and have to say that lego marvel is definitely my favorite of the bunch! COD is addicting as ever. Havent spent too much time with killzone yet

Interesting article.

The 5 Best Selling Video Game Consoles of All Time.

1. Sony PlayStation 2

Released: 2000

Global sales: 155 million

Wish I still had my old PS2, the game selection for it was fantastic and unmatched (in my mind) to this day. :cloud9:

I still have mine.

I modded it so I could play imported games :devil:

and my PS3 is a launch system as well...with all the fancy card slots and compatable goodness :cloud9:

Yeah, my PS2 is the original release, not the "slim" version.

hm

-"slym"

hm

-"slym"

had one but when I got my ps3 my mom ask me if I wanted to sent it to South America for one of my cousin so I did and regret it now.

hm

-"slym"

had one but when I got my ps3 my mom ask me if I wanted to sent it to South America for one of my cousin so I did and regret it now.

Want to buy my slim?

I can still play my old PS2 games since I have a backwards compatible PS3. I'll get the PS4 when Final Fantasy 15 comes out.

I don't know why people get so upset when you can't play your old games on a new system, like when a new system comes out, you automatically have to throw away your old system?

Fess up people.

Who got a PS4 today, what games are you playing and how are they? ooo.gif

Quick impressions:

The PS4 is sleek and sexy; it also runs quieter and cooler than either of my PS3s or my 360.

The user interface is different. It's a little confusing at first, but after playing with it for a little while, I managed to find everything. It's not bad at all once you get used to it. The speed at which you can switch applications (going from in-game to the menu, for example) is impressive.

The Dualshock 4 might be my favorite part of the entire package; it just feels incredible. The analog sticks are smaller and feel more accurate and responsive, and the R2 and L2 buttons are now proper triggers. The controller is also a little heavier and the handles are thicker and are textured on the back for better grip. The touch pad is also incredibly responsive.

As far as the games go, I purchased Assassin's Creed 4 and Killzone: Shadow Fall at retail, and because I'm a member of PS Plus, I got Resogun and Contrast for free. Resogun is addictive; AC IV I haven't played yet, and Killzone looks STUNNING, but plays like a generic shooter otherwise. It's really just a graphical showpiece.

Overall, I like the system and I think it has tremendous potential, but as of right now I wouldn't urge anyone to run out and buy it because there just isn't a lot to play on it. But I'm very much looking forward to the next year.

I got my amazon ps4 no problems. Works great. Only had one lock up so far and it was due to the Amazon App and not the console itself. I did the update via usb and had downloaded it the week before launch to avoid the sever slow down caused by launch days.

Killzone is freaking hard (or more likely I suck). Marvel Lego is fantastic. If you like Marvel get it. I think its on every console even handhelds and PC.

Yeah, Killzone is hard. Lots of trial and error required.

I cant get past a part on the 2nd level :(

I was looking for a way to change the difficulty setting to easy but couldnt figure it out so I quit and went back to playing Marvel Lego. Also with both games I wish I could just save whenever I want. The levels have checkpoints but when you quit before finishing a level it starts you back at the beginning in killzone instead of at the last checkpoint. Very annoying when its so difficult.

It is really impressive how you can switch from gaming to netflix with almost no delay and then go back to the dashboard to check something then back to what you were doing and its instant.

I havent even checked out battlefield yet or played any multiplayer in killzone...Marvel Lego is just too fun.

The main reason I went ahead and got the ps4 now is that I needed a second bluray player for the mancave (the fat launch PS3 is in the living room).

I might eventually get a Xbone. I have a 360 and a lot of games I still need to finish on it. However I will probably wait for a significant price drop before diving into that pool. A sweet Halo 5 edition might push me over the edge though :)

I just sold my ps2 slim like 3-4 weeks ago on kijiji to a couple taking down to their friends in Cuba. I liked it for the fight games, flight and racing games but that pretty much it. Soul Calibre is one of my favourite series.

Now I need to find a Atari 2600 to fully test my latest pic up of Atari games.

Was thinking of one of those replica machines and modding it.

My PS4 arrived last Friday, been playing Injustice non-stop. Honestly don't see much of a graphical improvement but the game is awesome 2 XBox 1's arrive this Friday (one for my brother as a present the other for me)