• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which level GPA should I choose?

22 posts in this topic

Im thinking that Im going to break down and subscribe to GPA. So which level should I choose. As with most things in th emarketplace the most expensive, deluxe package always seems most attractive so as to get the MOST out of a service.

But what specifically do I really get for the extra $100 a year?

and is it useful to you to those who have it??? Do you use it and does it save you time etc?

thanx

and, also, from whom does it compile data...

and more importantly whose data does it leave out? (I think Comiclink is excluded, right?)

What I want to know what does this service get someone?

What does it actually do?

It has individual sales data for every slabbed book sold on ebay and Heritage (elsewhere?) over the last 2+ years. Other than that though it's worthless!! confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm a subscriber and I enjoy reading the month specialty reports, especially the one on pedigrees. I do use the search feature when I am wondering about prices asked for slabs. Gives me a good reference point.

I'm not sure it's worth $99 bucks a year.....they should throw in a coupon for a free submission to CGC! (There I go with my friggin' coupons again - WILL SOMEBODY GIVE ME A FREE COUPON!???893frustrated.gif)

I'm a subscriber and I enjoy reading the month specialty reports, especially the one on pedigrees. I do use the search feature when I am wondering about prices asked for slabs. Gives me a good reference point.

I'm not sure it's worth $99 bucks a year.....they should throw in a coupon for a free submission to CGC! (There I go with my friggin' coupons again - WILL SOMEBODY GIVE ME A FREE COUPON!???893frustrated.gif)

Coupons rock. Does CGC has additional promotions for free coupons outside of the initial sign up?

Here are some screenshots of what GPA looks like when you have the Power Collector subscription ($9.95 a month).

First, here is what the search window looks like. (Part of it is cut off at the bottom).

gpasearch.jpg

Then after you search, you get this:

gpasearchres.jpg

When you get to the above screen, you can choose which issue you want to analyze by clicking the box with the Plus symbol in it next to the issue you want to look at. The following screens are examples of analysis on various issues.

gpa.jpg

AmazingFant15gpa.jpg

msmarvel.jpg

silversurfer4sales.jpg

gpaaction242.jpg

When I do subscribe to a service (currently not buying much so I'm not subscribing) I use Comicsheet. Personally, I think 6.95 a month is kind of steep.

Brian

comicsheet is free? Is it comparable, that is, do the same thing??

thanx FFB!

looks pretty thorough. Basically they get every eBay and Heritage result yes?

So Are you getting value for your money with it? and what level do you have?

I think it's worth more than I pay for it. I have the Power Collector subscription. $9.95 a month.

They compile results from all of the major auction houses (online and offline), including Mastronet, All-Star, etc., and they are working with major dealers to try to get results from non-auction sales of books.

I am with Red, i love to read the market reports and all the other stuff they put up each month.

I do searches at least once every few days so it is worth it to me.

I would say go with collector.

Being in England benefits too, the price fluctuates so sometimes i get it cheaper than i did the last month smirk.gif

It's not free, but it's FAR cheaper than GPA. It only tracks eBay sales and in an excel document. So you don't get a fancy interface nor results of other sales outside eBay. But I figure for about 20 dollars, the money I'm saving is worth the short time it takes to look up those other websites sales manually.

Here's the link

Brian

WILL SOMEBODY GIVE ME A FREE COUPON!???893frustrated.gif)

Just win the trivia contest! Voila! Free coupon! grin.gif

One more thing.....Didn't you already get a free coupon courtesy of CGG??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifshocked.gifwink.gif

Are you kidding? I'm probably on their SHOOT TO KILL list! 27_laughing.gif

I have the $6.95 per month subscription, and it is wonderful for determining the relative value of a slabbed comic when shopping, and for figuring out what books from my own collection might be worth submitting. It is positively worth the money IMO.

If you don't need to analyze trending accross multiple titles, and just want to look up stats one book at a time, this is probably all you would need.

And, George, feel free to use the following quote in your marketing materials:

"GPAnalysis is a must-have tool for naysayers everywhere who wish to predict the Great Comic Crash and impending doom within our hobby." -Jimm94, CGC Forum Member stooges.gif

And, George, feel free to use the following quote in your marketing materials:

"GPAnalysis is a must-have tool for naysayers everywhere who wish to predict the Great Comic Crash and impending doom within our hobby." -Jimm94, CGC Forum Member stooges.gif

27_laughing.gif if anything, you guys actually using GPA have seen some nice upward trends on certain books.

For those wanting to find out more about our service, go to: http://www.gpanalysis.com/productoverview.aspx - It breaks down the three subscription levels and details what you get for your money. All paying subscription get results from Heritage, eBay, Mastronet, All-Star, Vault, etc - and we'll be working with some high-end dealers to offer private sales also.

You can also subscribe for free (trial offer), which only gives you data sampling up until the end of 2002. As a trial customer you wont see what current trends are but you will get a good feel for how the software works.