• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Thor #157

60 posts in this topic

Divad, books like this baffle me.

It appears to be a crisp unread issue?....

It's been read once or twice, and recently while grading. grin.gif

So was all this damage done while in a bag/board combo?

Those top creases look to be damage caused by people flipping through a long box?

And or the spine breaks from the same thing, or just ruff handling while still in bag.

As I've discussed with FFB and Jimm94, these books generally pre-dated bags and boards, and were kept in stacks. As bags became available they were bagged, later followed by board insertion. This type of stress wear is caused by very light handling, the worst of which is picking up stacks of 20 or so books at once to move them. I wouldn't characterize it as rough handling - just go to your LCS if you want to see rough.

But the Micro chip is a mystery.. how it can be so cleanly chipped out.. with no surrounding damage.

That microchip more than likely pre-dates distribution of the book, possibly occuring in a banded stack. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Will you be sending this in to CGC anytime soon?

And on a positive note.. that top spine coner looks sharp enough to slice a tomato..cleanly..and the back cover is fantastic

Nice book..

Z

A fine analogy! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Probably not, as I think the book speaks for itself in Mylar. I will be listing it on eBay - The Lee/Kirby Thors are pretty hot (for true collectors). 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

lol I just posted that grade to scare the heck out of you, FFBB...cause I knew you'd be reading this thread oh captain, my captain. smile.gifinsane.gif

There is the possibility it could grade that high. but of course I was only joking when I said "9.4 or higher".

lol I could see it getting a 9.2 on a good day.

A 9.4 on a better day.

But it most likely would get a 9.0

A 8.5 or lower on a bad day.

Sorry for scarring you FFBB smile.gif

btw this is my 1234th post....funny smile.gif

Looks like the general census is 8.5 possible 9.0 and 9.2 on a good day and 9.4 if your flipping between it being a 9.4 9.2! I guess I am a little to strict and must say I will work harder Asst. Captain Divad on not being so!I wonder if I can get grades like these on Hulk 181? 27_laughing.gif NOT!

Davidking623

I'd venture a VF+ grade. As for CGC, who the hell knows these days (8.5?)? I have a veritable persecution complex on the grading of some of my recent high grade submissions, yet others are receiving extraordinarily high grades in the face of obvious flaws.

too much stress around the staples to warrant a 9.0 foreheadslap.gif 8.5 on a good day, but i'm sticking still sticking to 8.0.

Much sharper than this one! CGC VF+ 8.5 on eBay sumo.gif

Why are you saying yours is better? The corners of yours may be sharper, but it looks like that book doesn't have the spine stress yours does.

8.0 can you reduce the size of your image in your sig line? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif thx in advance

I thought he wanted us to grade that FF.. and he cropped the edges to hide chipping.

oops... foreheadslap.gif

Z

I give up, it really isn't worth the bother. . . gossip.gif

That's the last book I post here hi.gifhi.gifhi.gif

Is this a modified version of the "I'M LEAVING! GOODBYE!" thing that we've all been anticipating would occur on August 5? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifacclaim.gif

Is this a modified version of the "I'M LEAVING! GOODBYE!" thing that we've all been anticipating would occur on August 5? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifacclaim.gif

893blahblah.gif

893blahblah.gif

Say it aint so divad, say it aint so. 893whatthe.giffrown.gif