• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade my Thor #157

60 posts in this topic

9.4 or higher

Did you even look at the spine of the book????? 893whatthe.gif

Did you see the spine on that Bronze 3 thread?? foreheadslap.gif

Yes. This one is far worse.

I agree, that top staple is f'ugly in the extreme... but if THAT book can get a 9.4, who's to say that THIS book won't get at LEAST a 9.2?? confused.gif (Not that anyone with a grading guide should be willing to grade it as such, mind you.)

9.4 or higher

I agree, that top staple is f'ugly in the extreme... but if THAT book can get a 9.4, who's to say that THIS book won't get at LEAST a 9.2?? confused.gif (Not that anyone with a grading guide should be willing to grade it as such, mind you.)

David asked us to grade the book, not guess what grade it had been given by CGC. Whether or not CGC might overgrade the book some day is irrelevant.

9.4 or higher

David asked us to grade the book, not guess what grade it had been given by CGC. Whether or not CGC might overgrade the book some day is irrelevant.

27_laughing.gif I had never thought of the distinction between the "Guess The Grade" threads and the "Grade This" threads...

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Interesting. Verrrry interesting.

That is one tight flat comic, but the top staple damage is just to severe to recieve a 9.0 in my opinion.

I have 2 questions.. why on the outside edge..the top part of the yellow claw arm near edge.. is the printing offest ?

And is that a V chip out of the right edge?.. bout 2/3 way down.. next to guy hanging on a rock?

Still

8.5 seems a fair guess...

Z

With the moderate staple stresses, multiple transverse spine creases and a horizontal crease parallel to the top edge, I can't give it better than a 8.0.

But I'm betting CGC would give it a 8.5/9.0

Gorgeous book in any case. acclaim.gif

That is one tight flat comic, but the top staple damage is just to severe to recieve a 9.0 in my opinion.

Funny what a scan does 893scratchchin-thumb.gif . . . the TS damage is really very minimal.

I have 2 questions.. why on the outside edge..the top part of the yellow claw arm near edge.. is the printing offest ?

Good eye! But it's not a fold or a crease. That is a flawless area - the book just printed that way - I would be curious to check this against other copies. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And is that a V chip out of the right edge?.. bout 2/3 way down.. next to guy hanging on a rock?

This guy is gonna be tough in the competition - Yes that is a micro-v-chip, so small I can't even size it - except to say "micro-v-chip" sumo.gif

Still

8.5 seems a fair guess...

Z

It is easily a 9.0, and I'd venture it would grade 9.2, if not 9.4 if I slabbed it. Killer WHITE pages btw . . . hi.gif

Divad, books like this baffle me.

It appears to be a crisp unread issue?....

So was all this damage done while in a bag/board combo?

Those top creases look to be damage caused by people flipping through a long box?

And or the spine breaks from the same thing, or just ruff handling while still in bag.

But the Micro chip is a mystery.. how it can be so cleanly chipped out.. with no surrounding damage.

Will you be sending this in to CGC anytime soon?

And on a positive note.. that top spine coner looks sharp enough to slice a tomato..cleanly..and the back cover is fantastic

Nice book..

Z