• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harley Yee's Email

73 posts in this topic

There's a book I'm interested in on his site but has no scans. If I email him for scans will it take forever to get them?

See if he has the book listed on eBay. His eBay listings are fine, but -- unless he's improved it lately -- his web site has problems.

He's been in Australia all of last week. Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, and he started in NZ. With just a couple of days in each city, he's been quite busy sticking to his schedule.

From Australia to Yorba Linda California next weekend in the CalComicCon.The man is the hardest working dealer I've ever seen.

He's been in Australia all of last week. Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, and he started in NZ. With just a couple of days in each city, he's been quite busy sticking to his schedule.

From Australia to Yorba Linda California next weekend in the CalComicCon.The man is the hardest working dealer I've ever seen.

I saw him at London Super Comic Con last year. I am certain he will be attending this year in late February.

I asked him to bring a eBay comic book to the Big WOW show in San Jose via eBay PM. He did not respond to my PM, but did bring the comic book to the show and gave me a good deal.

Wasn't there something about $450 and a BigHulkFan...something like that?

I saw him at London Super Comic Con last year. I am certain he will be attending this year in late February.

I asked him to bring a eBay comic book to the Big WOW show in San Jose via eBay PM. He did not respond to my PM, but did bring the comic book to the show and gave me a good deal.

Harley also comes to the monthly mart in London several times a year. He's not everyone's favourite but I like him.

Persist. He's great in person. lol

That may be but that is an awful way to run a business.

I think Harley will survive your criticism.

It is not a criticism, it's a fact. Do you really think not answering your customer's communications is a good business practice? It's the same thing said about him over and over again. He may do well at shows and is a nice guy but everything from his defunct website to lack of returned calls/ emails hurts his business. Period.

Wasn't there something about $450 and a BigHulkFan...something like that?

+ 1

No it isn't great business practice. Is it harming his business? Probably not. Why?

Because he has a well earned reputation in the industry that a few whining nerds on the internet won't harm.

It would be great if every business never made a mistake and replied to every email promptly, but when even corporations with whole customer service departments don't respond quickly to customers it may be a little harsh of you to expect a guy on his own (or with a small staff) who we know is jetting around the world selling comics to reply to every email by return.

Harley isn't ripping people off or shilling auctions or even being rude to customers, he is doing what all small businesses do; which is spinning a million plates while trying to make an honest living.

Is customer service important? Yes, very. Are your expectations of Harley unrealistically high? Yes.

No it isn't great business practice. Is it harming his business? Probably not. Why?

Because he has a well earned reputation in the industry that a few whining nerds on the internet won't harm.

It would be great if every business never made a mistake and replied to every email promptly, but when even corporations with whole customer service departments don't respond quickly to customers it may be a little harsh of you to expect a guy on his own (or with a small staff) who we know is jetting around the world selling comics to reply to every email by return.

Harley isn't ripping people off or shilling auctions or even being rude to customers, he is doing what all small businesses do; which is spinning a million plates while trying to make an honest living.

Is customer service important? Yes, very. Are your expectations of Harley unrealistically high? Yes.

A few whining internet nerds ? That's a pretty all encompassing ignorant, statement. Are you typing on a typewriter right now? I guess it is a UK thing. I , as well as a huge number of people on these boards, do a lot of comic buying over the internet and phone. Not responding to calls, emails and having a useless website is unaccepatable nor is it an unrealistic expectation of any business to have good communication. He sells on eBay. He has time to list, accept money and pay his eBay bill. His company has 3 to 4 personnel and does about an estimated million a year in sales ( according to public record.) Bob Storms travels all over the US and goes overseas occasionally. He maintains a website, Ebay business, attends shows and has a full time job. It is only him, yet somehow he responds to all inquiries. There are a myriad of other dealers in the same boat People have been posting for years on this site about Harley's lack of response . It is not just not responding in a timely manner, there are times he never responds. Ever. I have personally experienced it and it is has been a problem for years. It's one of the reasons I do not buy from him, I know there will be no service, especially if there is a problem. Does he work hard? Yes. Does he a have reputation for being an upstanding guy? Yes. Is he losing business because of lack of communication? Absolutely. Maybe he would not have to travel as much if he made more sales online and by phone.

A few whining internet nerds ? That's a pretty all encompassing ignorant, statement. Are you typing on a typewriter right now? I guess it is a UK thing. I , as well as a huge number of people on these boards, do a lot of comic buying over the internet and phone. Not responding to calls, emails and having a useless website is unaccepatable nor is it an unrealistic expectation of any business to have good communication. He sells on eBay. He has time to list, accept money and pay his eBay bill. His company has 3 to 4 personnel and does about an estimated million a year in sales ( according to public record.) Bob Storms travels all over the US and goes overseas occasionally. He maintains a website, Ebay business, attends shows and has a full time job. It is only him, yet somehow he responds to all inquiries. There are a myriad of other dealers in the same boat People have been posting for years on this site about Harley's lack of response . It is not just not responding in a timely manner, there are times he never responds. Ever. I have personally experienced it and it is has been a problem for years. It's one of the reasons I do not buy from him, I know there will be no service, especially if there is a problem. Does he work hard? Yes. Does he a have reputation for being an upstanding guy? Yes. Is he losing business because of lack of communication? Absolutely. Maybe he would not have to travel as much if he made more sales online and by phone.

A UK thing? really? what a dooosh!

Is "whining internet nerds" any less dooshy? lol

oh it wasn't all encompassing at all, i was only referring to you. (thumbs u

Is "whining internet nerds" any less dooshy? lol

Ok, delete the 's' and make it singular. Then it works.

I think I called him several months ago and left a voicemail. No return phone call. I'm not surprised nor did it bother me.

I'll call him again one day...and we'll see what happens.

One day I had 45 emails and 13 phone calls regarding my comics, and I responded to every one personally, the same day. Maybe i'm old-fashioned or strange, but that's the way an actual business should be run, IMHO. I don't have that volume every day of course, but if I had 100 emails, i'd respond to all of them ASAP. My 2 cents anyhow. :)