• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Django Unchained NECA Action Figures--who's buying?

117 posts in this topic

That's it for Ebay.

I sold 4 figures today and had 2 more auctions running and got this email from ebay after they pulled my last two auctions down.... it was sent under the title "Hateful or Discriminatory"

Since the manufacturer of this product has discontinued the item’s sale due to its potentially offensive nature, we are not allowing it to be sold on eBay. We appreciate that you have chosen eBay to sell your items, however I must insist you don't relist this item.

This is, of course, AFTER they allowed the manufacturer to sell over a thousand of these figures AFTER they announced they were discontinuing the item because they MIGHT BE offensive to someone.

Here's one of the "HATEFUL" figures...you might want children in the room to shield their eyes.

SchultzDjango.jpg

It looks like a Nazi

That's it for Ebay.

I sold 4 figures today and had 2 more auctions running and got this email from ebay after they pulled my last two auctions down.... it was sent under the title "Hateful or Discriminatory"

Since the manufacturer of this product has discontinued the item’s sale due to its potentially offensive nature, we are not allowing it to be sold on eBay. We appreciate that you have chosen eBay to sell your items, however I must insist you don't relist this item.

This is, of course, AFTER they allowed the manufacturer to sell over a thousand of these figures AFTER they announced they were discontinuing the item because they MIGHT BE offensive to someone.

Here's one of the "HATEFUL" figures...you might want children in the room to shield their eyes.

SchultzDjango.jpg

It looks like a Nazi

I believe the correct pronunciation is "gnat-zee"

Well that pisses me off more than words can adequately describe. It was absurd for NECA to withdraw the figures in the first place, since not one single remotely sane person in the entire world is offended by them in the slightest. The only complaints came from amoral d-bags who felt they weren't getting enough limelight lately so decided to piggyback on the latest Tarantino release by pretending they were offended by it.

These scum cause real harm to society. Less intelligent, easily led people* actually take them seriously and acquire misguided, illogical chips on their shoulders that create tensions where none need exist, ultimately causing real violence.

A notable difference between Sharpton and Tarantino is that while Tarantino is a decent human being who happens to have a fondness for and interest in black American culture, Sharpton is a self-serving sack of mess who repeatedly sets back race relations for the purpose of lining his pockets.

rantrant

*For example, the dazed gathering of ebay middle-management products of the Peter Principle who decided to pull those listings.

Do any of you guys go for Hot Toys?

My apartment would be filled with them if they didn't cost $300 each.

Yeah. I hear you. I landed a STEAL on the 89 Keaton Bats and Jack Joker. Paid full in pre-order for the Ledger Joker 2.0. Reckon that will pretty much round out the collection until a massively awesome one is released. Besides, that's pretty much one per shelf in a detolf which looks quite nice.

My Arkham City Harley Quinn arrived today in the mail. She's a beauty!

That's it for Ebay.

SchultzDjango.jpg

It looks like a Nazi

I believe the correct pronunciation is "gnat-zee"

That's a bingo.

Is that how you say it? "That's a bingo?"

From reading the story it seems to be Weinstein that told Neca to stop. Weinstein wanted to short circuit protests arising from something they make no cash on, and Neca has worked with them on more projects before and hope to do so again so they probably agreed out of self preservation concerns.

However, most people can agree that there's no way to see racism in these figures unless you want to see it. Even then it's still pretty damn invisible.

I'm wondering why Inglorious Bastards figures were never made.. Might have been a hot sell like the Djangos.

Neca made figures of Brad Pitt and Christophe Waltz's characters.

Nobody cared. lol

I'm wondering why Inglorious Bastards figures were never made.. Might have been a hot sell like the Djangos.

Nobody cared. lol

Really!? :o I've never seen em! Surprised that nobody cared about those :sorry:

The coverage of this irritates me immensely with its talk of 'public outcry'. A few self-serving inflammatory imbeciles pretending to find something offensive does not a public outcry make.

On a side note, amusing irony in DiCaprio's statement regarding taking a break: "I would like to improve the world a bit. I will fly around the world doing good for the environment," lol

From reading the story it seems to be Weinstein that told Neca to stop. Weinstein wanted to short circuit protests arising from something they make no cash on, and Neca has worked with them on more projects before and hope to do so again so they probably agreed out of self preservation concerns.

However, most people can agree that there's no way to see racism in these figures unless you want to see it. Even then it's still pretty damn invisible.

Weinstein should have been intelligent enough to realise there weren't going to be any protests, just a few third-rate street preachers frothing at the mouth and being laughed at.

People paying stupid money for those figures feeds right into the nonsense.

Nobody cared. lol

Really!? :o I've never seen em! Surprised that nobody cared about those :sorry:

It was actually Hot Toys that made them, not NECA, my mistake. They were $130-140.

It's not they didn't care, as much as there was no protests. lol Also Hot Toys makes very limited runs.

Here they are:

HotPitt.jpg

HotWaltz.jpg

So why is Enterbay able to still produces these figures?

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?searchfield=django&onform=1&eeshop=

Seems odd, I agree, but NECA was "able" to produce them as well, they chose not to when asked by the producers.

So why is Enterbay able to still produces these figures?

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?searchfield=django&onform=1&eeshop=

Seems odd, I agree, but NECA was "able" to produce them as well, they chose not to when asked by the producers.

Cue my cynical side suspecting that NECA see the whole thing as an opportunity to highlight the colectibility of their figures in general. I'm sure they've seen an increase in traffic this week.