• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Django Unchained NECA Action Figures--who's buying?

117 posts in this topic

So why is Enterbay able to still produces these figures?

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?searchfield=django&onform=1&eeshop=

Seems odd, I agree, but NECA was "able" to produce them as well, they chose not to when asked by the producers.

Cue my cynical side suspecting that NECA see the whole thing as an opportunity to highlight the colectibility of their figures in general. I'm sure they've seen an increase in traffic this week.

Given that they're Tarantino's licensee of choice, and Weinstein is the guy that gets Tarantino's flicks onto the screen, there was probably an equal dose of pants pooping going on if they chose to fight it.

So why is Enterbay able to still produces these figures?

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?searchfield=django&onform=1&eeshop=

Seems odd, I agree, but NECA was "able" to produce them as well, they chose not to when asked by the producers.

Cue my cynical side suspecting that NECA see the whole thing as an opportunity to highlight the colectibility of their figures in general. I'm sure they've seen an increase in traffic this week.

Given that they're Tarantino's licensee of choice, and Weinstein is the guy that gets Tarantino's flicks onto the screen, there was probably an equal dose of pants pooping going on if they chose to fight it.

I'll bet anything you like that if anyone asked Tarantino's opinion he'd be disgusted at the notion of withdrawing the merchandise (although I doubt the whole business was ever on his radar). He has always stated that he finds the idea of bowing to public opinion detestable.

So is anyone out there actually interested in any of these Django figures given the selling prices? Will prices sustain or sink?

Hot potato, is the game.

Should be interesting to see if the Enterbay Django 1/6 scale dolls would be pulled as well..

No chance... Part of the outcry with the neca dolls was that protesters felt they were being marketed for children. (Anyone with half a brain would realize that that just isn't true.). Its pretty clear Enterbay figures are just for display and none of the "slaves" are being marketed.

I'm wondering why Inglorious Bastards figures were never made.. Might have been a hot sell like the Djangos.

Neca made figures of Brad Pitt and Christophe Waltz's characters.

Nobody cared. lol

Really!? :o I've never seen em! Surprised that nobody cared about those :sorry:

It was actually Hot Toys that made them, not NECA, my mistake. They were $130-140.

It's not they didn't care, as much as there was no protests. lol Also Hot Toys makes very limited runs.

Here they are:

HotPitt.jpg

HotWaltz.jpg

Hot Toys might be as expensive as (*&*&^% - but man do they know how to do a sculpt these days!

So is anyone out there actually interested in any of these Django figures given the selling prices? Will prices sustain or sink?

Once the hype dies down and the movie stops playing these will start selling for a few hundred dollars. There will always be some interest because they are rare and because of the ban but people paying the current prices are crazy.

Not to mention the eBay ban makes them a lot harder to sell for a lot of money.

Sell sell sell guys.

So you can sell playboys on ebay but not Cherry Comics. I kind of understand that.

But why would ebay take these items offline? AND DON'T SAY BECAUSE THEY WERE RECALLED, BECAUSE MIND THE GAP 2 ERROR ISSUES ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE ON THE BAY.

It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Who the heck knows. I remember buying some issues of Closer Magazine with the nude photos of the duchess in them. Half the issues I bought I received an email afterwards offering to reimburse me as the listing was a violation the other half I heard nothing.

My guess is the vicissitudes of enforcement mean that the rules are not applied equally.

This is so ridiculous. :roflmao: eBay banned them?! :roflmao: The whole thing is a joke.

Tell me about it :facepalm: I've seen worst things being sold on ebay before... If anyone is interested, I do have an extra Django figure :grin:

Trade ya...I have an extra Stephen or Schultz.

This is so ridiculous. :roflmao: eBay banned them?! :roflmao: The whole thing is a joke.

Tell me about it :facepalm: I've seen worst things being sold on ebay before... If anyone is interested, I do have an extra Django figure :grin:

I would for Butch. I think Django slightly sells for more than either Stephen or Schultz. I may have a Broomhilda soon too.. Working on a deal as we speak

I would for Butch. I think Django slightly sells for more than either Stephen or Schultz. I may have a Broomhilda soon too.. Working on a deal as we speak

I found Butch to be less wanted so far out of them.

Broomhilda and Schultz are the one per case figures, and Schultz was the only one to get an Oscar nom. lol

But yeah I would expect Django to go for slightly more than Stephen or Schultz, although the final values on the figures before the shutdown were pretty close. $375-450.

I thought it was Butch and Broomhilda that came 1 per case?

I got an email from a couple of retailers I know that said it was Schultz. I can double check.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/24/django-unchained-slave-toys-banned-ebay/

Don't count on finding one of those discontinued "Django Unchained" slave toys on eBay any time soon -- TMZ has learned, the action figures have now been banned from the auction website.

TMZ broke the story ... the Weinstein Company (which produced the film) discontinued the promotional figurines in response to a massive backlash from several African-American advocacy groups.

After the toy company halted production, the toys began to pop up on eBay as "rare" collectibles ... and bids skyrocketed.

But last night, all the listings for the "Django" toys were yanked from the website -- and eBay explained itself to sellers with an email, saying, "Since the manufacturer of this product has discontinued the item’s sale due to its potentially offensive nature, we are not allowing it to be sold on eBay.”

eBay also cautioned the sellers not to re-list the items.

A rep for the auction website confirmed the story, telling us, "These [toys] were removed as they were in violation of our Offensive Materials policy."