• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Grail & my thanks to the CGC Boards!

42 posts in this topic

The Boards can be a fantastic place.

One evening last summer, I was viewing Brian's (Foolkiller's) 'Whirlwind Buying Spree' thread: LINKY to the awesomeness

I saw a book that caught my eye & inquired about it. It wasn't for sale at that time, but about a month later I got a message from Brian saying that the book was available.

I'm not on the Boards all the time, but I had just happened to check my messages that morning & I was able to get a reply off to Brian within 17 minutes of his post. We were able to quickly agree on the terms & conditions & I embarked on a rather large (for me, anyway) sales thread within the Boards. Thanks to you guys & gals, I was able to raise the finances for my comic collecting grail.

Everything was achieved & realized through the CGC Boards.

It was a ton of work & it was a lot of fun. There are some quality people here, without question.

Thank you all, again.

Here's the book:

SidsLuncheonetteCertif.jpg

FF1-front2-smaller.jpg

And a special 'Thank You' to Harry for the Sid's certificate and for keeping the FF for 50 years!

Major congrats on an awsome book HV. But, I can't understand why Harry would have sold that book in the first place

As the new kid in this comic collecting,i must say it is one bee-youtiful book.

I say this a lot but i'm always stunned that this has gone all those decades looking the way it looks.

I keep staring at the font used for the title and i love it.

Above the word the in the Fantastic four ,there's a little word (ind )

What's that for ?

And would you look at those two nice big large....staples. :grin:

Felicitations for obtaning your grail ! :applause:

As the new kid in this comic collecting,i must say it is one bee-youtiful book.

I say this a lot but i'm always stunned that this has gone all those decades looking the way it looks.

I keep staring at the font used for the title and i love it.

Above the word the in the Fantastic four ,there's a little word (ind )

What's that for ?

And would you look at those two nice big large....staples. :grin:

Felicitations for obtaning your grail ! :applause:

Probably stands for Independent News, the distributor that handled Marvel at the time.