• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jupiter's Children

526 posts in this topic

Its back and the new issue was worth the wait imo. Something big is brewing. Closest thing to The Authority in a long time. (thumbs u

I have to agree here. This IS worth the wait, hope that there are no delays, as

has been seen before. Question is this a three part(as in we are in part two), or

will this ark end the series?

I love Quitely's art. All the way back to The Authority and then X-Men and We3 and Jupiter's Legacy. Nice to see him back with Millar. Always thought that pair worked very well together.

JL Phantom #1

#1 reg and 1:25

They aren't setting the world on fire but they've been inching their way up for a while. I personally love the covers and interior art. Frank Quitely will be well remembered by most imo. His work on The Authority, All-Star Superman, and New X-men certainly stands out as some of the most memorable work at the turn of the century.

On a side note, Jupiter's Legacy #3 stands out. Comparable to The Killing Joke and Miracleman 14-15. Utterly shocking if you were reading it as it happened.

JL Phantom #1

They aren't setting the world on fire but they've been inching their way up for a while. I personally love the covers and interior art. Frank Quitely will be well remembered by most imo. His work on The Authority, All-Star Superman, and New X-men certainly stands out as some of the most memorable work at the turn of the century.

On a side note, Jupiter's Legacy #3 stands out. Comparable to The Killing Joke and Miracleman 14-15. Utterly shocking if you were reading it as it happened.

They printed the hell out of the book and the variant covers are done by Quietly doesn't help.

I love the book, but with a better artist this book would be a monsters its really really good with average art.

JL Phantom #1

They printed the hell out of the book and the variant covers are done by Quietly doesn't help.

I love the book, but with a better artist this book would be a monsters its really really good with average art.

OK. This is twice now that you have made this comment. Who would you like to

see doing this book??

JL Phantom #1

OK. This is twice now that you have made this comment. Who would you like to

see doing this book??

McNiven

Jim Lee

Sean Chen(Although I haven't seen him lately)

Greg Capullo

George Perez(It would be late, but it would rock)

Scott Eaton

Pat Dodson

Gary Frank

Ed Benes

Finch

I like everybody you named. What I love about Quitely are the intricacies. A smirk looks like a smirk. When a character gets the wind knocked out of them, their cheeks expand. His Wolverine looks angry and his Superman is jovial. His body language gives us an oafish looking Clark Kent that looks like a guy you wouldn't notice, even though he's actually a powerhouse known as Superman. Fine lines stand out too. He and Jae Lee understand if a hand moves this way, an arm should look like...people love them or hate them.

As in all art, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. (thumbs u

I like everybody you named. What I love about Quitely are the intricacies. A smirk looks like a smirk. When a character gets the wind knocked out of them, their cheeks expand. His Wolverine looks angry and his Superman is jovial. His body language gives us an oafish looking Clark Kent that looks like a guy you wouldn't notice, even though he's actually a powerhouse known as Superman. Fine lines stand out too. He and Jae Lee understand if a hand moves this way, an arm should look like...people love them or hate them.

Agree 100%. I think Quitely's art is terrific. I just love looking at his pages in this series. Great compositions with so many rich little details and nuances.

You are right to single out #3 for its content, but #5 also stands out for me -- one of the best and best-executed fight scenes ever done in comics. Seriously! It's just amazing to look at.

Agree 100%. I think Quitely's art is terrific. I just love looking at his pages in this series. Great compositions with so many rich little details and nuances.

You are right to single out #3 for its content, but #5 also stands out for me -- one of the best and best-executed fight scenes ever done in comics. Seriously! It's just amazing to look at.

I agree, #5 was exceptional. The kid is amazing. One thing we all seem to agree on is that the book rocks ! Ready and waiting for issue #2 :taptaptap:

lol