• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM my Rifleman #10!

19 posts in this topic

I actually found one on Ebay with a less-than stellar scan, but the price was right. I got it today, and I think it's better than what the seller graded it as. What do you guys think? No spine splits, OW pages, maybe even W-OW, decent cover gloss, etc.

rifleman10front_zps1fe50a71.jpg

rm10b_zps7a646a7e.jpg

No scanning enhancements done, just slapped it on there (as you can tell from the rear cover scan, lol ). All interior pages firmly attached and complete. I'm so happy to have a really presentable copy for my collection.

Hi Beau

Sorry to but into your grading thread as I’m such a novice at grading and unable to give you a grade but felt I had to thank you for bring back wonderful memories of Chuck Connors as the Rifleman……I loved that show as a wee child :applause:

Very nice comic btw (thumbs u

Hi Beau

Sorry to but into your grading thread as I’m such a novice at grading and unable to give you a grade but felt I had to thank you for bring back wonderful memories of Chuck Connors as the Rifleman……I loved that show as a wee child :applause:

Very nice comic btw (thumbs u

No problem, sir! I'm glad it brought back such good memories for you. :)

Thanks very much for all the other replies! Now for the kicker...the Ebay seller graded this as a 6.5, so needless to say I got a little more than I was expecting! He also didn't mention that he ships boxed Priority mail, very well-packed and sandwiched between two sturdy pieces of cardboard...all his auction said was that "The comics will be shipped bagged" and "MAX SHIPPING IS 7.00 REGARDLESS OF HOW MANY YOU BUY.". Needless to say I was expecting an envelope via Media Mail.

So, major kudos to Ebay seller chris-cb! I actually feel a little bad for the guy as I don't think he knows how valued that particular issue is to some of us in this community (the unintentional humor), and he started it at a low price, like all his other Western comics.. Hopefully he was a little happily surprised at the ending price himself...there was a bit of a bidding war at the end there.

I give it a firm 8.0

He said "firm" with that cover. lol

I also liked:

A ramrod solid 8.0 maybe 8.5

and

It's definately at least 8"

sorry, I meant 8.0

The innuendo is what makes this book so great. I can't wait to see what Shiverbones does with it when he "Halloweenizes" it for the commission list. I plan to put them both in a frame next to each other. Matthew said he was really looking forward to doing it, and I can't wait to see what he comes up with. Rifleman #10 + a Shiverbones interpretation of said cover can't be anything but pure comedy gold!

I wonder where he's going to put the black cat.... hm

Well, now I'm excited! Ok, maybe that is the wrong term to use on this book. But, on Friday, I just purchased over 200 books from a local toy shop here in town. He had just bought a collection from a guy whose dad apparantly had a book store or something back in the 70s. Anyway, most of the books are westerns. So, bringing it back to this book, it has an entire set of The Rifleman sans #5. And, I went and checked and #10 appears to be in the best condition of the bunch! I'll have to scan it later today and put it on here for a PGM. Oh, and the grand total I paid for all the books...$250!

I see around 8 color breaking spine tics with what looks like several additional lighter tics. There's also some scuffing with color rub in the green field along the spine. The top right corner FC seems to have a non color breaking bend. The bottom left corner FC has some kind of defect that breaks the color. Since you stated there are no splits I'm guessing it's a crease. The top right corner BC seems to have a bend, but otherwise looks pretty nice. Still a nice copy. I really need to get one of these someday.