• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

J.J.Abrams to direct Star Wars VII!

33 posts in this topic

I'm not a fan of Star Wars, but this is big. Looking forward to it.

Black smoke / Adversary = Darth Vader

Jacob = Yoda

:)

I'm really hoping that he keeps them dead instead of the incredibly stupid idea of resurrecting them.

face

palm

Jacob = Yoda

I'm really hoping that he keeps them dead instead of the incredibly stupid idea of resurrecting them.

face

palm

+ INFINITY! :facepalm::facepalm:

Jacob = Yoda

face

palm

He didn't have much to do with Lost after season 1. It was lindelof and cuse who made it all weird. Case in point, Lindelof wrote Prometheus, which was just as confusing as lost. Star Trek and MI 3 weren't confusing at all.

Jacob = Yoda

face

palm

He didn't have much to do with Lost after season 1. It was lindelof and cuse who made it all weird. Case in point, Lindelof wrote Prometheus, which was just as confusing as lost. Star Trek and MI 3 weren't confusing at all.

Oh, I loved Lost from start to finish. I'm just saying I hope they stay dead instead of Disney's idea of resurrecting Vader because they need a recognizable bad guy in the next movie.

I just hope he doesn't completely dump the Star Trek franchise for Star Wars. I know when he did the first ST he made it abundantly clear he was a Star Wars guy.

Plus, I get the impression that he's like Joss Whedon: they're willing to occasionally take on an established franchise but would much rather be involved with their own original projects.

Be a shame. I'm very happy with the last Trek and the new one is on the top of my list for this year.

This is the best news I have heard in a long time.

This thread should be made a sticky. (thumbs u

Abrams is a pretty huge Star Wars fan, so if he takes what he did in the Star Trek movies and adapts them to this franchise I think the Avengers movie will look like a warm-up.

Honestly I do not say this that much, but this is an EPIC blockbuster announcement!!!!!! :popcorn:

This is the best news I have heard in a long time.

This thread should be made a sticky. (thumbs u

Abrams is a pretty huge Star Wars fan, so if he takes what he did in the Star Trek movies and adapts them to this franchise I think the Avengers movie will look like a warm-up.

Honestly I do not say this that much, but this is an EPIC blockbuster announcement!!!!!! :popcorn:

I was a huge Star Wars fan until Lucas started to beat the franchise like a dead horse :P

The prequels didn't help either :facepalm:

I hope Abrams can bring that fun & adventuress movie I grew up with :wishluck:

Disney: Your name is ABRAMS.

Abrams: I am ABRAMS.

Disney: You will create the perfect movie.

Abrams: I will create the perfect movie.

...later...

Abrams: Disney! Am I still to create the perfect movie?

Disney: ... yeah ...?

Abrams:

I don't know why that popped into my head.

Best news ever :applause:

Lost = the greatest thing ever created in the history of mankind, though it's more Lindelof and Cuse baby. I would bet Lindelof will be on board as a producer and maybe a writer for the sequel. He is the BIGGEST celebrity Star Wars fan.

Star Wars = the greatest movie series ever created.

The only sad thing about this is Abrams won't return for Trek 3 :(