• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay issues?

9 posts in this topic

Anyone else having issues with item views on eBay. Have listed a medium hot item on ebay with a buy it now price and with a best offer in the past two weeks all other auctions may have taken around the last day or two to get hit. This item was only ever viewed twice. I offered free shipping which was according to eBay would allow your item to be some of the top ones when it shows in search. And know it can't be keywords because it is almost identical listing title as some of the same items that sold. Anyone else having this issue with eBay? Has already cost me $1.00 to do the best offer listing twice and only two views of the item.

I have also wondered why (sometimes) some items don't seem to get the attention they deserve but I think/hope part of it just has to do with who is looking and at what particular time. I think the same thing applies to the selling boards here as well.

For just ONE example, I had a higher grade Silver Surfer #17 (1st series) get zero action one month with 0.99 start price. It had like 2 people watch it. Next time I relisted it, there was LOTS of action on it and it sold for a very good price.

Maybe it is just bad timing or too much competition for the same product, not the right condition for people looking at the time, etc. There are a lot of variables...

However, I do wonder sometimes how some sellers seem to get spectacular prices for their stuff all the time...

I think it's happenstance and the vagaries of ebay. I've listed stuff and gotten barely any views one week and then relisted the next week and gotten a gazillion views and plenty of action. It really is luck of the draw. The best way to deal with ebay, it seems, is to list your books at a starting price you would be happy with, but in an auction format, and keep relisting over and over until the right person comes along and bids. The BiN/BO format seems to discourage movement, as it seems that people will always assume that the book will still be there when they are ready to buy it.

I have also wondered why (sometimes) some items don't seem to get the attention they deserve but I think/hope part of it just has to do with who is looking and at what particular time. I think the same thing applies to the selling boards here as well.

For just ONE example, I had a higher grade Silver Surfer #17 (1st series) get zero action one month with 0.99 start price. It had like 2 people watch it. Next time I relisted it, there was LOTS of action on it and it sold for a very good price.

Maybe it is just bad timing or too much competition for the same product, not the right condition for people looking at the time, etc. There are a lot of variables...

However, I do wonder sometimes how some sellers seem to get spectacular prices for their stuff all the time...

all i know is that your sig is awesome!

all i know is that your sig is awesome!

THANKS! (thumbs u

I am thinking of cleaning it up a bit. Make it more uniform and add in one book that should be in there for my 'Venom Collection'...

I check completed auctions and it's amazing at the variety of prices the same item goes for in some cases. Then I list the item at a mid-level price and it doesn't get any bids. I think January is just a slow month.

+1 Again it boils down to who is bidding and when and let's not forget the economy is still not all that great and people are getting their credit card bills from Christmas...

Just do a recent search of ASM #300. I recently sold a CGC 9.2 for $170. A 9.4 just sold for the same amount. One 9.6 sold for about $50 less than another one...For big ticket items I set a minimum I am comfortable with and a Buy It Now for about retail but include free shipping...

How timely...

I have an ASM #38, CGC 7.5...Starting price $99.99 or $160 Buy It Now with Free Shipping.

Here is the message I got...

Dear more_fun_comics,hiwill you accept $80 buy it now including shipping?thanks

My reply...

You are asking for the book at HALF the cost of suggested guide price PLUS free shipping to the UK?

Gee, let me think about that...NO.

I'm sorry to be rude and I don't mind cutting deals but your 'offer' is ridiculous. I'm not in the habit of selling CGC'ed Silver Age Amazing Spider-Man books at a loss. After shipping, my "profit" would be little more than what it cost just to have it slabbed in the first place.

Thanks for your interest.