• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would love some input from seasoned SSers

18 posts in this topic

So Im trying to get a Green Lantern 100 signed by Denny O'Neil, Mike Grell & Alex Saviuk at ECCC...

I've finally got a nice copy of GL100 in hand (had to be VF+ or better), but now Im looking at it trying to figure out how to manage the signatures on a very busy cover with no nice solid spaces for sig placement.

Any suggestions?

Im thinking of having them all target the area I redboxed (the hero crotch area) but even that is problematic since part of the area is black, so is a black sharpie going to not show?

Any thoughts on pen/sharpie color?

I've got a few books SSed, and I've had some success with sig placement, and some fails, so I'm trying to be more strategic (especially in choosing the best type covers to get signed, but there were no great covers for this trio (wish Saviuk had worked on GL 90...) so I went with #100...

Here's the book, with the target area in red.

yKtD4hl.jpg

I would go even lower. That "100th issue" rock is silly looking and it deserves to be covered up by sweet sigs.

that's a good point, and its more color constant, and doesnt have the problem of the black on black not showing like up higher...

hm

Would a silver sharpie take care of the concerns about color?

It could, but the cover is not a very dark color palette and I've had trouble with silver sharpies getting lost on busy covers (especially lighter ones)....

if you want my opinion, dump the VF book and get one higher grade.

fair opinion, but my funding was and is limited to buying the best raw copy I could find and getting it CGC SSed.

I had to decide if I'd rather have three nicely signed VF+ to NM- books or one NM/MT one...

I went for three...

looks like there's some room in the white area directly under the lantern for a sig

looks like there's some room in the white area directly under the lantern for a sig

O'neill and Grell both have fairly large sigs. Saviuk's is pretty compact. Trying to pack all three into that white is a recipe for disaster.

O'neill and Grell both have fairly large sigs. Saviuk's is pretty compact. Trying to pack all three into that white is a recipe for disaster.

and those two prefer long sigs (first & last side by side) over stacking one on top of the other.

I think he was only suggesting one sig for the white space, and it'd work if one of them was a "small scribble" kind of guy, but none of them are... so off to the bottom of the book we go!

Saviuk at the same angle as the DC symbol in that green patch, Grell in the white patch just below the lantern, and O'Neil can have the rock at the bottom.
+1