• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best single issue

55 posts in this topic

I know it might not be everyones fav., but I just love PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE. It is such a great and fun read for me, and I don't read many books. I would also say that Batman: Killing Joke is another great read.

Amazing Spider-Man #33, which contains one of the all-time great action sequences in comic book history....(Spidey finding the will to lift that giant piece of machinery off himself.).

Next would be FF #51.

BATMAN #1(all time favorite key book, with the first Joker, first Catwoman, and that great, early Kane/Moldoff/Robinson art)

You have to love the earliest Joker stories. I have never seen him written or drawn in quite the same way. Part of his mental condition seemed to be that he was bipolar. One minute he would look like he was contemplating suice and the next minute he would have a [!@#%^&^] eating grin. Not to mention he racked up a decent body count.

Amazing Spider-Man #33, which contains one of the all-time great action sequences in comic book history....(Spidey finding the will to lift that giant piece of machinery off himself.).

A classic Spider-Man comic with pressing. He went into the fight with the Master Planner/Doc Ock a 9.6 and came out a 9.8! thumbsup2.gif

One of Ditko's finest moments.thumbsup2.gif

"God loves, Man kills."

shocked.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Agreed. One of the best stories...ever.

thumbsup2.gif

Did you think that before or after the movie? confused-smiley-013.gif

I thought that when it came out.

It's one of very few comic stories that actually makes you look at yourself and the world differently.

I've never read a comic that had any impact on me as a person, except this book.

flowerred.gif

Donut is right about Swampy 53 thumbsup2.gif Everyone should read this [like Watchmen, DKR, or early Ditko work on Spidey (my memory is not good, did he finish with #37 on Spidey?)]

I loved (and still do) the Neil Gaimain Sandman "Season of Mists" storyline?

Surfer #4 is another classic! Yes, I thought Buscema was at his peak IMHO (not including the gorgeous Savage Sword work he did for many, many years.)

Fantastic Four Annual #12! Black Bolt didn't get the #%$^& beat out of him and actually saved the day! This book made me go somewhere other than my local grocery stores for comics...