• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2013 CONVENTION SEASON SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD!

2,497 posts in this topic

Phoenix Comic Con 2013 Sketch Covers

That Rocket Raccoon is amazing! Also, where did you get a Uber Sketch Cover? I have never seen that before.

They had them for sale at the Avatar booth where White and Gillen were doing signings. $40 bucks for the cover w/sketch. They weren't selling them blank though...I tried to get a few.

Thanks for the info. I has a vision in my head of getting a sketch of Captain America beating up one of the Uber characters, but I guess I will have to go without it. Congratulations on picking that up.

Greg Capullo (waste of a sketch cover...oh well)

photo2-2_zpsb60d1762.jpg

That Rocket Raccoon is amazing! Also, where did you get a Uber Sketch Cover? I have never seen that before.

Wait.. so all those fans I saw standing in line at the most disorganized booth were waiting for that? I kept walking and seeing the line only growing and wondering if I should jump in and spend the $$ for a sig + sketch... I guess the more famous you get the less time you can spend on a sketch. I hope you didn't pay a ton for that man !

Capullo doesn't sketch anything 99.99% of the time. Especially since his resurgence on Batman! The best you can really get is a remark like the one in the pic. On occasion I have seen a small bat symbol as well.

photo2-2_zpsb60d1762.jpg

Wait.. so all those fans I saw standing in line at the most disorganized booth were waiting for that? I kept walking and seeing the line only growing and wondering if I should jump in and spend the $$ for a sig + sketch... I guess the more famous you get the less time you can spend on a sketch. I hope you didn't pay a ton for that man !

Capullo doesn't sketch anything 99.99% of the time. Especially since his resurgence on Batman! The best you can really get is a remark like the one in the pic. On occasion I have seen a small bat symbol as well.

[font:Book Antiqua]Capullo its only Batman flavor of the month,

just ignore him now and come back later...[/font]

:whatev:

photo2-2_zpsb60d1762.jpg

I didn't pay anything. I was going to have him sign it regardless, but I asked if he could doodle something quick....that's what I got. He doesn't do sketches as far as I know.

Security/Con Staff limited him to 3 signatures per person and if you wanted more you would have to go to the back of the line. As far as that sketch that was something that took him less than 5 seconds and free. It was like when I bumped into Kevin Eastman in the hallway at the con I asked him if he would do a quick sketch for a charity auction for Phoenix Children's Hospital he spent 10 seconds doing a turtle's head. Capullo's line was busy because he is the consistently working on the best selling comic for almost two years and his arrival at the con get delayed two days.

photo2-2_zpsb60d1762.jpg

Good god! Capullo was on my list of artists to get but not anymore! I mean... maybe if I sat down with him, and threw a wad of cashola on the table and said "TRY AT LEAST" but not worth spending any money on a sketch cover. A remark like that is fine on a regular book to for a CGC SS but a sketch cover? Nah

You can throw down a ton of cash and he still will not sketch a full on sketch. It would probably have to be an insane amount to get one from him.

:hi: Darrell

photo2-2_zpsb60d1762.jpg

Good god! Capullo was on my list of artists to get but not anymore! I mean... maybe if I sat down with him, and threw a wad of cashola on the table and said "TRY AT LEAST" but not worth spending any money on a sketch cover. A remark like that is fine on a regular book to for a CGC SS but a sketch cover? Nah

I asked him to do a quick head sketch in a Batman trade and that's pretty much how it came out.

photo2-2_zpsb60d1762.jpg

I asked him to do a quick head sketch in a Batman trade and that's pretty much how it came out.

The sketch was free so I don't see the complaining. It is like this sketch here from Kevin Eastman it was free and a quick 10 second sketch for a charity auction I am having later this year no complaints from me. I am just happy to put something in a charity auction from him.

<a  href=IMG_0002-1_zpsd4fcb5ae.jpg' alt='IMG_000

100% agree now that I know it was free!

Being new to collecting comic sketches I am happy to have a baseline on what to expect in the future.

The comic sketch 'Reality Distortion Field':

FREE

photo2-2_zpsb60d1762.jpg

$3400

IMG_0426_zps25895890.jpg

:signfunny::)

The sketch was free so I don't see the complaining. It is like this sketch here from Kevin Eastman it was free and a quick 10 second sketch for a charity auction I am having later this year no complaints from me. I am just happy to put something in a charity auction from him.

I think I was right there with you when you got that Eastman! I had him sign a few comics and do a sketch on a backing board right after he did yours...right as he was leaving, right?

I think I was right there with you when you got that Eastman! I had him sign a few comics and do a sketch on a backing board right after he did yours...right as he was leaving, right?

That sounds right