• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2013 CONVENTION SEASON SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD!

2,497 posts in this topic

Michael Dooney

bd1a74c0-4a25-4ac8-940b-13aeb1042ef3_zps0b72e9b7.jpg

(worship)(worship)

Those Philip Tan's are all gorgeous, he's certainly going to be on my list to get going forward, but this one is the one that really makes me jealous - I need one of these, don't see many other people grabbing Hawkeye these days.

(worship)(worship)

Those Philip Tan's are all gorgeous, he's certainly going to be on my list to get going forward, but this one is the one that really makes me jealous - I need one of these, don't see many other people grabbing Hawkeye these days.

Not at all, and I'm big Hawkeye fan (thumbs u

Not too many for me this weekend, I mainly focused on signatures and on one day - Hasbro exclusives. Doug also picked up my Artgerm Harley this weekend.

Not a sketch cover but I love Katie Cook's mini paintings

Katie Cook - Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy

null_zps704d1c97.jpg

Stuart Sayger - Magik

null_zps558053a4.jpg

Last but not least

Clay Mann - Psylocke, Storm, Rogue

null_zpsd99d2ea4.jpg

Not even remotely a fan of my little pony, but I've always thought that Andy's colors were really nice so I decided to get something. Told him Gwen and MJ ponies (as is tradition) and really liked the way it came out. Andy told me when he was thinking of what tag to put on Gwen he realized that she is famous for one thing, dying. He said it was between the Brooklyn Bridge and a broken vertebrae, and the bridge was more recognizable.

Andy Price

CEB1185B-DF04-4FDE-8EAF-58533C1D2C37-25063-0000151F96EB385C_zpsecd6479e.jpg

Here come the last pick up from the show for me, HUGE THANKS TO MICHAEL JETER, and the whole cgc crew, I tried to keep it easy, but it got pretty crazy at the end, again HUGE THANKS.

Ryan Benjamin

20130721_153736_zps10411768.jpg

Had a great SDCC 2013 myself. Can't believe this was my 25th consecutive year attending. Didn't think I was that old. Picked up OA, Commissions, sketches, a sketch cover a sketch card by:

Humberto Ramos, Francisco Herrera, Jorge Molina, Michael Dooney, Adam Hughes, Joe Mad! and a cast signed Captain America: The Winter Soldier poster!

I'll just post a few here, the rest will be in my CAF gallery.

First off Jorge Molina:

9338381975_aea61c5ff5_c.jpg

jorge 001 by buckycap, on Flickr

It was a good con! I've got a few other sketches to post, including an awesome Mason Savoy from Rob Guillory. These are going into the permanent collection.

Alex from Sina Grace and his new awesome book, Burn the Orphanage (look familiar Sleigh Bells fans?):

tumblr_mq71fsbzj11r1wo1po1_500.jpg

Bad Supes and WW from Tony Daniel-- who I finally met and was amazingly personable and a pleasure to work with. Seriously an awesome dude.

9325539916_f164e82d9d_z.jpg

Dave Gibbons and some character I've never heard of:

9323126443_51b704c2bb_z.jpg

Mike Choi and his Rogue, which, Duh:

9337500475_14e91e5e0a.jpg