• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2013 CONVENTION SEASON SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD!

2,497 posts in this topic

Had a great SDCC 2013 myself. Can't believe this was my 25th consecutive year attending. Didn't think I was that old. Picked up OA, Commissions, sketches, a sketch cover a sketch card by:

Humberto Ramos, Francisco Herrera, Jorge Molina, Michael Dooney, Adam Hughes, Joe Mad! and a cast signed Captain America: The Winter Soldier poster!

I'll just post a few here, the rest will be in my CAF gallery.

First off Jorge Molina:

9338381975_aea61c5ff5_c.jpg

jorge 001 by buckycap, on Flickr

Wow! :applause:

Stuart Sayger-Joker

20130719_131135_zps4f82df61.jpg

As a collector of Joker covers, I gotta say - this blows my mind. Stuff the grade, this is the coolest sketch cover I've seen yet.

(worship)

Huge congrats spanfiend if you're the lucky owner!!

If only CGC could slab a book like this open!!

Stuart Sayger-Joker

20130719_131135_zps4f82df61.jpg

As a collector of Joker covers, I gotta say - this blows my mind. Stuff the grade, this is the coolest sketch cover I've seen yet.

I love when Sayger goes nuts on blank covers. Reminds me of the Magneto cover where he removed the staples from the spine and stuck them in the middle of the cover as if Magneto was moving them with his power, that one was awesome.

[edit] Found it!

sayger-magneto_zps43692d22.jpg

Becuse the painting wasnt witnessed by CGC when it was done it counts as a defect. The reason it got a yellow label is because of the sharpie Signautre that was witnessed at our private signing in Chicago this year.

Becuse the painting wasnt witnessed by CGC when it was done it counts as a defect. The reason it got a yellow label is because of the sharpie Signautre that was witnessed at our private signing in Chicago this year.

Ah got it.

Ah got it.

Even still, thats a big discrepancy between 5.5 and 6.5 for, essentially, the same defect. I'd be surprised if there were other defects on the 5.5 that totalled and justified a full grade lower.

Either way, it's a sketch... grades be damned! Cool books!!! :)

I was really happy at how my first sketch cover turned out:

2013-07-13-garbowska-rocket-raccoon-sdcc.jpg

By Agnes Garbowska

Love seeing everyone's sketches here. After picking this one up, I realized I'll definitely be getting many more done in the future. Look forward to post more in this thread.

Also big huge thanks to the entire CGC staff. Thanks for helping me with so many books. Especially Luis from Heroes Haven who not only worked his way through the crazy crowds with me for most of the weekend, but also helped me get a couple extra signatures that weren't on my radar. Thanks again to everyone.