• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so tired of hearing "old label goodness"....

65 posts in this topic

This comment is pretty innocuous. The ones that I really don't like point to an anomalous recent sale recorded in GPA and headline their listing with something like "30% below GPA." Generally, the seller knows full well his price is still above true FMV.

Old labels used to be good candidates for crack-press-resub, but over time all the "under-potentialized" books have been given every possible opportunity to achieve their maximum potential grade.

Add to that the fact that no one is going to re-submit an over-graded book (like the 2011-2012 period, when some pretty scary overgraded books came out of Sarasota) and eventually you're going to have a population of CGC books that all reside on the lower end of the grading spectrum, as opposed to a natural distribution where you might have an equal number of over and under-graded books.

Sad, but true... (shrug)

Cgc is still lose as a goose

Really? I've found them to be tight on submissions I have seen.

What do you base that on?

I concur...last 40+ books I have submitted, have been at or under my anticipated cgc grade (usually cgc is a little higher than I anticipate)...