• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so tired of hearing "old label goodness"....

65 posts in this topic

I think cgc still remains fairly consistent, with the obvious exceptions here and there...

I recently had 15 old label books pressed and submitted to cgc (no labels included at time of submission, though I am turning in post submission)...

7 came back same grade, 7 came back 1/2 to 1 grade higher, and one lost 1/2 grade...

so, if they were unpressed, my guess is they all would have graded about the same or, gulp, maybe even lower :o

= "Ripe for crack/press/resub" though.
the last batch of new labels I had done were 15 of 16 grade increases. I would say "new label goodness" is equally or greater applicable :cloud9:

I think cgc still remains fairly consistent, with the obvious exceptions here and there...

I recently had 15 old label books pressed and submitted to cgc (no labels included at time of submission, though I am turning in post submission)...

7 came back same grade, 7 came back 1/2 to 1 grade higher, and one lost 1/2 grade...

so, if they were unpressed, my guess is they all would have graded about the same or, gulp, maybe even lower :o

You didn't take into account SCS.

Usually the bonus with old label books is that you receive a page quality bump upon resubmission. Did you keep track of that?

Sounds like all these new graders are doing a good job at grading. But it can't last. If grading is perceived to be too tight - it will eventually cut down on submissions leading to things loosening up again. It's a recurring cycle...

You didn't take into account SCS.

Usually the bonus with old label books is that you receive a page quality bump upon resubmission. Did you keep track of that?

silly doctor, pages don't get better with age lol

Sounds like all these new graders are doing a good job at grading. But it can't last. If grading is perceived to be too tight - it will eventually cut down on submissions leading to things loosening up again. It's a recurring cycle...
well I think I have been pretty consistant for 30+ years so when I open gators grading service (ggs) you can count on consistently tight grading hehe

well I think I have been pretty consistant for 30+ years so when I open gators grading service (ggs) you can count on consistently tight grading hehe

I was thinking you would need a name more indicative of the sophisticated expertise you would be offering. To wit: Gator's Advanced Grading

I always thought that "gold label goodness" mainly referred to a higher page quality than what was printed on the label, not necessarily a better number grade.

Gator, with your grading company, would you start your own chat board called the GAG boards?