• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Amazing Spider-Man 2' adding super-villain The Rhino

82 posts in this topic

Getting that costume right will be a challenge.

My first thought too. Could look awful...

$5 says he's entirely CG a la Hulk in Avengers. I also suspect it wont be a costume, but a "transformation" like Hulk too.

That could actually be pretty dang cool, imho, if he's superhumanly large. It would almost HAVE to be the same treatment they gave Mark Ruffalo on the Hulk since Paul Giamatti is a VERY short and slight of stature guy.

I like it!

I am surprised by this to tell the truth. At the time of the Marvel-Sony deal for Spider-man, Rhino was more of a Hulk villain in the same way that Kingpin was more of a Daredevil villain and went to Fox. I would have thought that Marvel retained Rhino in their folder.

When I was a kid, we walked to school in three feet of snow! Uphill both ways! Fighting bears off with my notebook! In those days, The Kingpin was in The Amazing Spider-Man funny books! :preach:

BTW, what if the Rhino is an illusion of Mysterio in the openeing battle? hm

How about the best of all worlds, Sinister Six? That would be awesome.

I vote for Frightful Four.

We need a chick like Medusa and i have the perfect casting.

Isla Fisher.

Talk about having the perfect hair for this role.

http://www.google.ca/search?num=10&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1536&bih=738&q=isla+fisher&oq=isla+fisher&gs_l=img.3..0l10.1483.2969.0.3207.11.6.0.5.5.0.185.748.2j4.6.0...0.0...1ac.1.XwqjvBGL-I8

How about the best of all worlds, Sinister Six? That would be awesome.

I vote for Frightful Four.

We need a chick like Medusa and i have the perfect casting.

Isla Fisher.

Talk about having the perfect hair for this role.

http://www.google.ca/search?num=10&hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1536&bih=738&q=isla+fisher&oq=isla+fisher&gs_l=img.3..0l10.1483.2969.0.3207.11.6.0.5.5.0.185.748.2j4.6.0...0.0...1ac.1.XwqjvBGL-I8

That would be cool too. I loved the original Sinister Six stories and I've been dying to see them bring in Mysterio to a movie, underrated Spider-man villain IMO.

I am surprised by this to tell the truth. At the time of the Marvel-Sony deal for Spider-man, Rhino was more of a Hulk villain in the same way that Kingpin was more of a Daredevil villain and went to Fox. I would have thought that Marvel retained Rhino in their folder.

Marvel may have been smart enough to know that a big grey guy with a horn on his head probably wouldn't make a very good movie villian.

What's next, the Terrible Tinkerer?

This -- really, he's dumb-looking. I would be curious to see how the movies might try to pull him off, but doubt it'd be watchable.

Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy, Jamie Foxx as Electro, Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson, Dane DeHaan is Harry Osborne, Felicity Jones as an "unspecified role" (PLEASE not Black Cat) and Paul Giamatti as Rhino? Not to mention the world's crappiest Ben and May Parker characters?

Well, I'm sure it will turn out fine. I mean, look at Spider-man 3 and how great that turned out with all the characters and backstories! It's a classic!

Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy, Jamie Foxx as Electro, Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane Watson, Dane DeHaan is Harry Osborne, Felicity Jones as an "unspecified role" (PLEASE not Black Cat) and Paul Giamatti as Rhino? Not to mention the world's crappiest Ben and May Parker characters?

Well, I'm sure it will turn out fine. I mean, look at Spider-man 3 and how great that turned out with all the characters and backstories! It's a classic!

Yep.

Just doesn't sound remotely interesting to me. Won't be going to see it.

Yep.

As much as I didn't like the other characters in the film, Ben and May Parker really bristled me. They seemed completely out-of-place and nothing about them seemed genuine or endearing.

It was like watching two very decent actors do their best Hayden Christiansen and Kristen Stewart impersonations. Totally wooden, unfeeling, lame and boring.

The only reason I ended up seeing the first one (the previews were enough to turn me off) was that my stepson wanted to go - if I am lucky, I'll be able to dodge that bullet on #2.

I don't want to be all Negative Nelly on ASM, but I think when they split the villain duties across more than one character, the show really suffers because we don't get as good of character development.

You guys are funny. lol

60's Ditko/Romita Spidy old heads vs Ultimate Spider-man 12-35 year olds

That is all this is.

Both genres are amazing, but I prefer the Amazing Spider-man movie over Rami's versions. I can relate more to the Ultimate Version than the 60's version. I was 21 when Ultimate Spiderman #1 came out. Even though I had been reading and collecting Spider-man since I was 8 that new version felt more my generation's style.

Acting in Amazing Spider-man was outstanding, so I am not sure why some of you were left unsatisfied? (shrug)

Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy made me remember that same type of girl I had in HS! :cry:

If we are going to give a razzi you need to have Kirsten Dunst at the top of that list.

I will admit I am a little skeptical about the this movies choices of villains, but Jaime Foxx and Paul G are both credible actors.

As long as I see a better Green Goblin, Venom, and Kraven the Hunter in parts 3 4 or 5 I think we are good to go.

I'm 30, obsessive Spidey fan going on 23 years and prefer the Raimi movies by a distance so that kinda disproves your theory.

That being said i feel we still haven't seen the "definitive Spidey" on the big sreen yet the same way we've seen Nolan's Batman or Wheadon's Avengers. Spider-Man 2 was closest but still not perfect.

I'm 30, obsessive Spidey fan going on 23 years and prefer the Raimi movies by a distance so that kinda disproves your theory.

That being said i feel we still haven't seen the "definitive Spidey" on the big sreen yet the same way we've seen Nolan's Batman or Wheadon's Avengers. Spider-Man 2 was closest but still not perfect.

Not really.

30 somethings are in the middle of both generations regarding Spider-man.

We didn't have the internet growing up or cell phone tills around age 18-20. So while I can see where 28+ ages can prefer Ditko/Romita's version we still never really grew up with adolescent spider-man story lines or issues. When I read Ultimate Spider-man #1 that immediately put me back in those HS years right away.

My first ASM was the Todd McFarlane run so in that timeline whether they want to admit it or not Peter was our current age during the TMc run.

I do like Spider-man 1 and 2 don't get me wrong, but lets face it Spider-man 3 was probably the biggest drop off from a previously successful movie sequel I can ever imagine since Godfather Part III. Sandman killed Ben Parker? Really Raimie, really? :facepalm: Venom was just am embarrassment.

IMPO I prefer Andrew Garfield's version of Spider-man by leapes and bounds over Tobey Maguire's.

Not really.

30 somethings are in the middle of both generations regarding Spider-man.

We didn't have the internet growing up or cell phone tills around age 18-20. So while I can see where 28+ ages can prefer Ditko/Romita's version we still never really grew up with adolescent spider-man story lines or issues. When I read Ultimate Spider-man #1 that immediately put me back in those HS years right away.

My first ASM was the Todd McFarlane run so in that timeline whether they want to admit it or not Peter was our current age during the TMc run.

I do like Spider-man 1 and 2 don't get me wrong, but lets face it Spider-man 3 was probably the biggest drop off from a previously successful movie sequel I can ever imagine since Godfather Part III. Sandman killed Ben Parker? Really Raimie, really? :facepalm: Venom was just am embarrassment.

IMPO I prefer Andrew Garfield's version of Spider-man by leapes and bounds over Tobey Maguire's.

I'd imagine all the horrible things that were contained within Spider-Man 3 had a whole lot more to do with the studio pushing what they wanted rather than what Sam wanted to do. 2c

Of course it's Black Cat