• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Amazing Spider-Man 2' adding super-villain The Rhino

82 posts in this topic

i hope it loses money and sony decides not to pay the licensing fees to retain the property.

Sigh..yeah..this would probably be good too. But I doubt it happens.

I was also exaggerating my estimate obviously to the poster above.

i hope it loses money and sony decides not to pay the licensing fees to retain the property.

Sigh..yeah..this would probably be good too. But I doubt it happens.

I was also exaggerating my estimate obviously to the poster above.

(thumbs u given that #9 hasn't budged since electro was announced, don't see why this would move either

I am surprised by this to tell the truth. At the time of the Marvel-Sony deal for Spider-man, Rhino was more of a Hulk villain in the same way that Kingpin was more of a Daredevil villain and went to Fox. I would have thought that Marvel retained Rhino in their folder.

ASM #41 is expensive enough already in HG - another rise and that goes off my 'want list'!

I am surprised by this to tell the truth. At the time of the Marvel-Sony deal for Spider-man, Rhino was more of a Hulk villain in the same way that Kingpin was more of a Daredevil villain and went to Fox. I would have thought that Marvel retained Rhino in their folder.

Marvel may have been smart enough to know that a big grey guy with a horn on his head probably wouldn't make a very good movie villian.

What's next, the Terrible Tinkerer?

Marvel may have been smart enough to know that a big grey guy with a horn on his head probably wouldn't make a very good movie villian.

Nope, Prowler. lol

Nope, Prowler. lol

Mindworm

:sumo:

I wonder if Disney/Marvel do own the rights to some of these villians that have yet to appear in Spider-Man, FF, etc. And, also wondering if they are using them as some sort of bargaining chip with Sony, Fox, etc. to use in their upcoming movies. I'd love for all of the Marvel characters in the movies to be back under the control of Disney/Marvel. Get some consistency and continuity across the movies.

Getting that costume right will be a challenge.

My first thought too. Could look awful...

$5 says he's entirely CG a la Hulk in Avengers. I also suspect it wont be a costume, but a "transformation" like Hulk too.

That could actually be pretty dang cool, imho, if he's superhumanly large. It would almost HAVE to be the same treatment they gave Mark Ruffalo on the Hulk since Paul Giamatti is a VERY short and slight of stature guy.