• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Haight Ashbury Pedigree

11 posts in this topic

Only have had 12 books graded at this point. None have been sold yet. Have to decide what should be slabbed, etc. I will offer some to board members before the general public. Some will go into my hoard, some into other collections. I cannot afford to keep them all.

Zap #3 CGC 9.2 OW/W

Zap #4 CGC 9.4 OW/W

Arcade #1 CGC 9.8 W

American Splendor #1 CGC 9.6 OW/W

Death Rattle #1 CGC 9.8 OW/W

Despair CGC 9.2 W 2nd

Freak Brothers #1 CGC 9.2 OW/W

Freak Brothers #2 CGC 9.4 OW/W

Snatch #1 CGC 9.8 OW/W 3rd

Snatch #3 CGC 9.8 OW/W

Tortoise & The Hare CGC 9.4 OW/W

Motor City #2 CGC 9.6 W

Only have had 12 books graded at this point. None have been sold yet. Have to decide what should be slabbed, etc. I will offer some to board members before the general public. Some will go into my hoard, some into other collections. I cannot afford to keep them all.

Zap #3 CGC 9.2 OW/W

Zap #4 CGC 9.4 OW/W

Arcade #1 CGC 9.8 W

Despair CGC 9.2 W 2nd

Snatch #3 CGC 9.8 OW/W

Motor City #2 CGC 9.6 W

That is impressive, especially seeing 6 out of 12 books at 9.6 or 9.8. These books were from my time and we did NOT treat them well. And sometimes, when you run out of rolling paper...

Back around the early 2000's, a lot of high-grade comics could be bought from Don Donahue through mail order. I remember buying a string of comix from Sal of Amazing Adventures - my first submissions were Homegrown Funnies nn (x2) 9.8, 9.8. Second was Air Pirates 1 (x2) both hitting 9.6. There were dozens of books that I was buying raw and having graded that were coming back 9.6 or better. Some of the tougher ones of course are the first print Zap 1's, Snatch 1's, and I imagine over the years, one way these started to get higher scores was through many of the 9.2's and 9.4's hitting the market and getting pressed. I had stopped grading sometime around 2003/04 and by that time, Don had already started working with Heritage to move some of the file copies and Sal's inventory had pretty much dried-up.

Nice to hear a fresh collection surfaced and that Howard got it! (thumbs u

Zap #3 CGC 9.2 OW/W

Zap #4 CGC 9.4 OW/W

Arcade #1 CGC 9.8 W

Despair CGC 9.2 W 2nd

Snatch #3 CGC 9.8 OW/W

Motor City #2 CGC 9.6 W

Wow!!! Congratulations Howard, exciting news!!! :banana:

Looking forward to hearing about and seeing some of the books in the collection. :headbang:

Back around the early 2000's, a lot of high-grade comics could be bought from Don Donahue through mail order. I remember buying a string of comix from Sal of Amazing Adventures - my first submissions were Homegrown Funnies nn (x2) 9.8, 9.8. Second was Air Pirates 1 (x2) both hitting 9.6. There were dozens of books that I was buying raw and having graded that were coming back 9.6 or better. Some of the tougher ones of course are the first print Zap 1's, Snatch 1's, and I imagine over the years, one way these started to get higher scores was through many of the 9.2's and 9.4's hitting the market and getting pressed. I had stopped grading sometime around 2003/04 and by that time, Don had already started working with Heritage to move some of the file copies and Sal's inventory had pretty much dried-up.

Nice to hear a fresh collection surfaced and that Howard got it! (thumbs u

::sigh:: Sounds like the warehouse raiders in action. Is not even Mr. Natural sacred?