• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My first submission goes out tomorrow! Jan 30. It's back!

40 posts in this topic

Being new, I may not understand how to do all this, but the modern tier is limited to $200 or less-- I am not sure who's determining the values, but the Bone is definitely out, the two Damsels are the one's that are limited to 25 copies only, and the X-Files just happened to be in the right box and I thought it was a nice copy. I am also going to try and not submit anything that has more than 100 9.8's in the census. Whether I will do more or not, I don't know. It so far seems to be a bit of trouble, and I don't mind getting them off E-bay if I really want them. Perhaps the pride of ownership will shine through when I get these 4 back and realize I bought them new and sent them in on my own, and make me want to do it 23,000 more times!

The "free" coupons are not really free. They cost collectively $86 (or $21.50 per coupon), which is the difference betwen the annual $125 premium membership fee that yields the "free" coupons and the $39 Associate membership fee level we would all otherwise fall into. Another way to look at it is that we're Associate members, and some of us took advantage of the "4-coupons-for-$86-special." Still, a very good special! At $21.50 a clip, that's more than the $18 modern tier -- but considerably less than the $35 economy tier and $60 standard tier.

So to maximize value off the four individual $21.50 grading coupons, you want the equivalent of a service tier that is well above $21.50 -- subject to the limitation that the service tier you pick is for books with individual values of $1,000 or less.

With those parameters, I would say that anyone that has the 4 grading coupons should be submitting books that you would otherwise submit under the $60-per-book "Standard" service tier. This generally translates to pre-1980 books valued at more than $300 but less than $1,000 (the standard service limit, which is also the value limit-per-book on the Collectors Society Standard coupons).

Of course, if you have moderns that value more than $200 but less than $1,000, you can't use the $18 modern tier anyway and you would fall into the economy or standard, so use the coupons!

Being new, I may not understand how to do all this, but the modern tier is limited to $200 or less-- I am not sure who's determining the values, but the Bone is definitely out, the two Damsels are the one's that are limited to 25 copies only, and the X-Files just happened to be in the right box and I thought it was a nice copy. I am also going to try and not submit anything that has more than 100 9.8's in the census. Whether I will do more or not, I don't know. It so far seems to be a bit of trouble, and I don't mind getting them off E-bay if I really want them. Perhaps the pride of ownership will shine through when I get these 4 back and realize I bought them new and sent them in on my own, and make me want to do it 23,000 more times!

It wouldn't be an issue to submit all 4 of them under the modern tier - I've subbed 4 Bone #1s that way :thumbsup:

OK, UPS overnight yesterday, arrived this morning at CGC at 10:28, left at 'dock' and signed for by good old 'Sweeney'! So, now we will see how long from delivery to CGC before it shows up as 'received-verified'. Any guesses?