• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Infinite Weird, Controversial, Boring or Bizzare Bronze Thread

59 posts in this topic

I read the 1st Issue series in the latest CBG--Warlord being the only hit.

True, but then again, how many hits (in terms of a character's staying power) did DC have at all to come out of the 70's? Warlord, Jonah Hex, arguably Firestorm. Not much else.

The one First Issue Special I thought was second only to Warlord was the Walt Simonson Dr. Fate issue. It turned out to be a very influential take on the character, with the split personality angle not previously explored.

51845482862.41.GIF

Your basic Star Trek rip off!? confused-smiley-013.gif

DL, thanks for posting Marvel Premiere #36 w/3-D Man. I used to own that mag when I was a kid, but somehow got trashed. Thanks for the memories tongue.gif

I have those 3-D man issues somewhere. What were his powers? Anybody remember? I think he may have appeared in an Avengers issue. Anyone know of other appearances?

The one First Issue Special I thought was second only to Warlord was the Walt Simonson Dr. Fate issue. It turned out to be a very influential take on the character, with the split personality angle not previously explored.

I agree. Best of the series in my opinion; even better than Warlord which was pretty derivative of most Barbarian stories. Don't get me wrong....I loved Warlord when it came out but was hoping Fate would get a new series also at the time.

Jim

gossip.gif hey Sid, i have extras of both....

Thanks Shiver. Now that I'm aware of these two books I'll be looking for them both in Chicago next week. If I don't find them I will contact you about buying yours. I have all the Plops up to #8 in high grade. I think I'll pick up more of them. Seems as if the later issues are harder to come by. I have never even seen ANY copies of some of them. -----Sid

Deathlok... I'm gonna have to start frantically searching for those MP Solomon Kane issues! I had no idea they existed. I love the RE Howard stuff!

Oh, and I thought Weirdworld was sooo cool when I was a kid. I was enthralled by the City of Seven Dark Delights. I wanted to go there so bad! Was the comic a scaled down reprint of the magazine sized Warriors of the Shadow Realm?

confused-smiley-013.gif