• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

Lame variants, constant renumbering, phony deaths, phony "events" -- as a life-long collector, this kind of manipulation drives me insane. They are putting less thought into the story than into the corporate-driven cash grab.

Preach it!

Ken, you've got one heck of a future ahead of you.

When this thing really heats up, we need M.K over here hawkin some Original Artwork if there is any to be had for those that seek it.

Holden -- you mind if I post a pic of me and you "burning" that book?

Ah man, I just fell out of my chair...this kind of talk is 1000% dead on and appropriate in this forum for such a funny character and comic book as TODD.

Ah ken, you gotta do that man...nice publicity stunt. Funny spoon, man.

Some online comic stores are already showing TODD the ugliest kid on earth issue #3 sold out. Comeeee on...they hoarding them or what. I think this isnt even released until the 13th. Picked up 4 last week at tfaw.com and just checked with the website and they still have them. Fair warning. Also #1 2nd print. #1 1st print and #2 1st print sold out.

Some online comic stores are already showing TODD the ugliest kid on earth issue #3 sold out. Comeeee on...they hoarding them or what. I think this isnt even released until the 13th. Picked up 4 last week at tfaw.com and just checked with the website and they still have them. Fair warning. Also #1 2nd print. #1 1st print and #2 1st print sold out.

Issue #3 comes out next Wednesday 3/13/13 -- the only palindrome of the year! And sources tell me pre-orders have been strong, so it makes sense that online retailers are sold out already. Meanwhile, issue 2 (2nd print) cover is almost ready -- that will be in stores March 27th.

Ken,

any truth in this from a comics podcast site??

"We are joined by comics/tv/film writer Ken Kristensen for a very funny and candid interview about the Image ongoing comic book TODD THE UGLIEST KID ON EARTH "

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

They speak the truth! Although they didn't know it when they printed that! They must be psychic because I did that interview on Wednesday 2/7, and it wasn't until Sunday 3/3 at ECCC that I got a chance to talk with Eric Stephenson about it -- and he said he thought making TODD an ongoing title was a great idea. So...we are working out the details of when issue #5 will come out and will announce it soon. But you are the first to know.

WOOOOOOOOOOW, amazing news that many of us were looking forward to. Congrats to you Ken and M.K. you guys deserve an ongoing with TODD and company as well as all of the recent interviews you've been invited to join in and discuss Todd The Ugliest Kid on Earth.

This news is FAR better than any action figure news but will continue to also monitor that development now as TODD becomes more of a part of comicdom via an ongoing.

Additionally, great to also hear about your new #5-#9 storyline arc as well. My wallet will be a little lighter each month for very good reason (TODD ongoing comic book).

I have a feeling the future debate will rage along the lines of if we will/should ever see TODD "unmasked". Hope it NEVER happens.

I. Hear. Good. Things! Good. Things.

Ken, would you be so kind to tell us if TODD actually appeared in another book possibly BEFORE Todd The Ugliest Kid #1 comic book issue in another Image book as a PREVIEW or in a story I missed, etc??? If so, I've never heard it or seen it. In other words, is the #1 comic book TODD's very FIRST APPEARANCE?

Ken, you ARE a standout in the industry and thank you for engaging us here on the board and hope you are around long term.

Please let us know from time to time when/where you will be at future comic conventions (on yer website?) as I am sure fans will be seeking you AND M.K. out for witnessed cgc signature series autographs. Anaheim Wondercon please. :)

Kayakkid -- thanks so much for the kind words. I am here for the long haul -- on this board and in this business (fingers crossed).

To answer your question -- TODD #1 is indeed his first appearance.

I WISH Image would run it in The Walking Dead like they did with Chew....

Image does not have a booth at Wondercon -- but I will be signing at the GeekScape booth -- so please stop by and see me! Will post the booth number and days/times once I have it settled. Looking forward to it!

And at the end of May MK and I will both be going to NYC for BookExpo at the Javitz center -- Image has a booth there.