• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

Great article!

They point out the Perker's name is first on the cover. Usually it's the writer name that appears on top/first. Is there a reasoning behind it? I'm curious to know as well.

Thanks Ken

Yeah, I've always wondered that as well.

I asked Image to put MK's name first because he's an artist who, in my opinion, deserves top billing. The blood, sweat, and tears he's putting into this book is unmatched. Image graciously agreed, despite the fact that it's bucking tradition.

Ken, hate to beat a dead horse....but how bout throwing us a bone on those TODD ACTION FIGURES?

Did you get a chance to talk to Todd Mc on them? Depending on the price, I'd go for multiple. My desk is lonely without odd TODD the bag boy staring back at me...making me smile.

"Hmmm, note to self....Ken is probably workin his magic still to git er dun on making this bad boy floppy an "ongoing"...before he throws his efforts behind making the action figure a reality!"

Uhhh, neverminddddddd. :)

I know the comic book will continue to pick up even further steam...but I K-N-O-W a kewl action figure of Todd will be the bees knees all up and down the side of your paper bag. lol

Just preordered 7 copies of Todd The Ugliest Kid On Earth NUMBER 3! :) Added a couple more 2nd print of #1 (the additional comedy cover). Chillin like Bob Dylan, baby.

You know Mr. Mc.....he can smell $ in the water.....just chum him up and he'll be making ugly Todd toys like nobodies bidness.

IMG_0005_2_zps09a54fb6.jpg

IMG_0009_2_zps99d0e0a5.jpg

Boardie at yesterday's TODD signing @ECCC! So cool to meetcha.

Is That the infamous Captain Freak in those pics? (kid with the hoodie on)

Hall of Shame member extra-ordinaire?

Edited by Andy70

Hope they have a great time there.

Locally cant find a book and I mean either issue and Ive looked. Guess that's a good sign. Out of 5 shops I know 3 carried and sold out of both issues. One shop told me they are upping their order per requests for the book. Other one told me they will order more if book goes monthly.

I really love this book, I hope it goes monthly.

It's a good read, and with E.S. talking about how he wants Image to continue to innovate and find the best and brightest new writers rather than promoting established writers like Marvel and D.C. do.

If the next two issues do well, I can see it being made into an ongoing. Sales speak and I'm sure E.S. will listen.

Yesterday E.S. said he was happy with how TODD's been doing. So that's good!

Well I'm happy that you are happy - don't forget the Aussie Rules.

You could combine it with a signing tour, all 7 shops in a 6 million person City would welcome you with open arms.

If they had ever heard of Todd that is.

The LCS hereare hopeless - they put their orders in pretty much when previews are released and then can't fill any personal requests.

Image would do well to give foreign shops an extra couple of days grace so punters could get their new book requests in to the shops.

Good Luck with the quest for an ongoing - have you got the material for another 46 issues mate?

Yesterday E.S. said he was happy with how TODD's been doing. So that's good!

That's great news, Ken. I really dig this book and respect all of the hard work you guys are pouring into it. Congrats on all the success that has come and will come your way. It's well-deserved.