• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

Yesterday E.S. said he was happy with how TODD's been doing. So that's good!

Good Luck with the quest for an ongoing - have you got the material for another 46 issues mate?

Yeah, I was wondering this myself but didnt want to put anyone on the spot or feel personally bummed if there weren't enough storyline content already estalbished. Ken had said I believe that he has a 5-9 arc already ready to roll.....that he DID say just recently.

I can see this character (TODD) around for a lot of years...a real cult favorite ++ in the worx says me crystal ball.

Really like the TODD the action figure with the more elongated/narrower paper bag look exactly the graphic image printed next to the actual figure...heck, just a thought.

Looks like you are guys are rocking Emerald City. Congrats.

Minimum 5 orders of the action figure TODD The Ugliest Kid On Earth waiting here.

Hold me to it (would love the elongated paper bag version) ;)

Issue 3 around the corner..can't wait!

As well to see the cover of the 2nd print on issue 2.

Nice completed sales of books with Ken's autographs on epay.

You know what I love the best about this book so far (I mean i do really love the story).....but no variants! Thank you Ken!

Ha! You're welcome. Is there a stigma against all variants or just the lame 52 flags kind of stuff.

Just when it goes overboard IMO. Bedlam #1 is a good example - there are like 6 first prints, a second print and some BS 'Limited Edition' that Larry's released a bit later at $60 or so. It's absolutely one of my favorite books, but the collectibility is held back a little by the oversaturation.

Saga #1 is a good example of a perfect variant situation - a super-limited edition of 500 RRP, the regular issue and then the later prints.

I like the way you're doing the second prints of Todd as true variants though, riffing on the first print covers, but with major changes.

You know what I love the best about this book so far (I mean i do really love the story).....but no variants! Thank you Ken!

Ha! You're welcome. Is there a stigma against all variants or just the lame 52 flags kind of stuff.

Just when it goes overboard IMO. Bedlam #1 is a good example - there are like 6 first prints, a second print and some BS 'Limited Edition' that Larry's released a bit later at $60 or so. It's absolutely one of my favorite books, but the collectibility is held back a little by the oversaturation.

Saga #1 is a good example of a perfect variant situation - a super-limited edition of 500 RRP, the regular issue and then the later prints.

I like the way you're doing the second prints of Todd as true variants though, riffing on the first print covers, but with major changes.

Good insight -- thank you! I just got the art for the cover of TODD issue #2 2nd printing. Will post here as soon as soon as it's in layout and look forward to hearing your thoughts. Also, other big news coming out of ECCC!

Wingnuts, was able to pick up #2 second printing at tfaw.com but was not seeing it at several other retailers. You may want to snag that one as well.

#1, 2nd printing officially sold out at Diamond within a few days of release, so waiting to hear if it's going back for 3rd printing. Should know more today.

Good insight -- thank you! I just got the art for the cover of TODD issue #2 2nd printing. Will post here as soon as soon as it's in layout and look forward to hearing your thoughts. Also, other big news coming out of ECCC!

Absolutely Agree! Just look at the Guardians of the Galaxy already. I was really looking forward to this series, but out of the gate, there are about 15 variants of #1. Totally un-needed.

Oh yeah...? Did someone say ONGOING...?!? hm

You nailed it.

A. Can't wait to SEE the new cover art, and

B. To hear the good news coming out of ECCC....monthly right Ken. :)

C. And maybe news about the action figure...ok, ok..I stop kicking that horse.

More peps need to check out TODD. Very unique book! I think Image Comics ..or E.S...or whichever head honcho makes the decisions over @ Image will do the right thing.

Like I've said about Peter Panzerfaust, you can do ALOT with this character (TODD) and his adventures/MISadventures (as far as storytelling goes).

Lame variants, constant renumbering, phony deaths, phony "events" -- as a life-long collector, this kind of manipulation drives me insane. They are putting less thought into the story than into the corporate-driven cash grab.

Speaking truth to power...

Lame variants, constant renumbering, phony deaths, phony "events" -- as a life-long collector, this kind of manipulation drives me insane. They are putting less thought into the story than into the corporate-driven cash grab.

Thank god finally a writer lately that gets it. A variant cover onces in awhile or convention cover is a fun chase, but anymore then that is just dumb. Saga got it right. This book has it right. I am watching your audience grow daily here.

Thank god finally a writer lately that gets it. A variant cover onces in awhile or convention cover is a fun chase, but anymore then that is just dumb. Saga got it right. This book has it right. I am watching your audience grow daily here.

:applause: