• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

That's fascinating, Ken. Thanks for the link.

MK Perker seems like a cool cat. I had no idea that he was not a traditional comic book artist. It does sound like he has rather a lot on his plate though. Is there a story behind how he was tapped to draw Todd?

Here's an interview I did that dives into it:

http://curiosityofasocialmisfit.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/an-interview-with-ken-kristensen-and-mk.html

Great interview; I never saw it. And the Todd origin story -- wasn't expecting that! Thanks! :applause:

20150216_225800_zpssuzhhgwv.jpg

According to the submitter - this is the only Todd signed by Danny Trejo!

Hopefully it will keep it's 9.8.

Maybe this will smoke ken out into the open.

Thanks to Daniel for getting the sig for me.

Thanks! - I meant it was blue 9.8 to start with - will now be yellow obviously.

It was done by an official facilitator so its just waiting for a grade.

This will only be my 2nd SS book - I don't plan on any more - but this IS Danny Trejo after all.... (worship)(worship)(worship)

Now dont get me wrong, I backed Todd when it first came out. I know a lot of people here went out of their way to promote the book to their friends and family.

As well as to other board members. I have not read and collected comics very long,but is this the kiss of death?

Can comics that are plagued with such delays no matter what they are,come back on top again ? Will Todd end up as another example of what happens when a writer and artist just aren't behind a book 100%?

I'm not trying to start trouble with people that love Todd. I thought it was a great book and I loved the art that M.K did. I was one of the first ones to buy the art for the series on splashpage. What does everyone else think the outcome will be? Can it rise above the ashes?Everytime I think about it it becomes more unlikely in my mind.

I really hope I'm wrong....

I've been a fan of TODD from jump and it really sucks that the book went on hiatus this freaking long. I'm an optimist, but has there ever been a new title that went on hiatus this long, came back strong and was successful?

It really does suck, because this was really such a refreshing book that I loved and promoted strongly. I wonder if there's any plans to continue it at this point or not? :shrug:

I'm sure there are tons of factors that impact a book. Chief among them would be is it a priority and is it profitable. I know Ken made it a priority but I don't know how much profit was being made on total sales. They were pretty low in spite of the greatness of the book. I can't figure for the life of me how this didn't catch like wildfire. Every single person who I know who read it, loved it. No liked, loved. It just didn't get in front of enough people imo.

I wasn't on this as early as some of you but I'm extremely disappointed it isn't coming out regularly. Who knows, maybe it will change in the future, or be a TV show ? hm