• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Todd the Ugliest Kid on Earth

3,780 posts in this topic

In my neck of the woods, most people ignore minis until the TPB comes out. A lot of people don't even know this has been continued... I am very anxious to see how the print run rises once #5 comes out after the first TPB is released.

Doing everything we can to promote the trade and get folks to jump on issue #5, which comes out on the heels of the trade. Also want to get TODD #1 in on the next wave of Image Firsts...

We saw an increase of 500 initial orders between issue #3 and #4. So that bodes well. If we can increase by several hundred every issue we'll be happy.

They should start climbing of course once the series resumes.

That was one of the things discussed in the April data thread.

Why everybody assumes that just because a title is monthly means that it will rise over time? Data shows that only less than 10% of the titles being released actually see increase in print run over time. Most will see decline.

Currently, I will say Todd is stable but its fourth issue is still a 10% drop off its first issue.

Hard to say if this will increase over time (bearing no tv or movie news) (shrug)

considering how much speculation there has been in the last 6 months, a 10% drop only is pretty much #winning. #1s always sell much more, even more so in speculator driven eras.

A stable print run is a rare thing, and speaks to the quality of the material.

You can look at other books like Blackacre or I Love Trouble that had #1s that sold more than 10k and with issue #3 and #4 they're down to about 4k. Our print run for #4 was virtually the same as #1.

Yes, you have a stable audience that once the trade and issue 5 come out should dip for a couple of issues and then buyers will go OMG its now monthly. They will go back and get the back issues and start ordering again. I say all this before Image First comes out as well so that will also have some effect.

Id like to see some data on how an Image First affects both back issues and print runs going forward. This is more difficult then it seems because you have to track back issue sales as well as continuing print runs of 5 and on and cross reference both.

Id like to see some data on how an Image First affects both back issues and print runs going forward. This is more difficult then it seems because you have to track back issue sales as well as continuing print runs of 5 and on and cross reference both.

That would be tough, although it would be great data to retrieve......

Hey all -- here's the lineup for signings at the Image booth next week at Book Expo in New York City:

THURSDAY

Frank Barbiere 10-12

Bob Fingerman 1-3

FRIDAY

Chris Giarrusso 10-12

Joe Harris 1-3

SATURDAY

Ken Kristensen 10-12

Bob Fingerman 1-3

Hope to see some of you there!

https://www.facebook.com/bookexpoamerica?directed_target_id=0

Edited by KenKristensen

Wish I could make it up, Ken. Looks like this is your only time in the East Coast/Mid-Atlantic

Keep up the good work and you'll have more fans out here demanding you spread the Todd love.

Awake -- MK and I will both be at NY Comic-con in the fall, so hope you can make it to that show.