• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My new piece

30 posts in this topic

This is my new commission from Bob Layton.

I asked for Mr Laytons take on what he would think happened 2 mins after this cover.

originalimageek.png

Please note this cover is also a commission taken from the original 131 but adding Capt and Thor into the background. It is such a great piece and took it further into the story. Commission was by Brian C.

Re-imagining of the cover in 2011 featuring a more heroic pose for Iron Man and adding Captain America and Thor in the background. Gerry Turnbull did the colors on this piece that resides in the collection of Brian Cassner.

http://www.themarvelproject.com/2011/12/iron-man-131-cover-art.html

And this is what i got. Very very pleased.

new2minslater.jpg

The first "2 minute later" commission, nice.

What a fun idea! Looks like the start of a great commission theme. Can't wait to see more!

I also have an idea for a commission theme. I'm thinking of calling it "Prize Wall".

wowsers

What a fun idea! Looks like the start of a great commission theme. Can't wait to see more!

I also have an idea for a commission theme. I'm thinking of calling it "Prize Wall".

Very original ideas.

"Two minutes later" is to "One minute later" as "Prize Wall" is to "Trophy Wall" though, I suppose. :baiting:

Very original ideas.

"Two minutes later" is to "One minute later" as "Prize Wall" is to "Trophy Wall" though, I suppose. :baiting:

What? "Prize Wall" is totally different from "Trophy Wall". One wall has trophies. The other has prizes. Totally different.

Very original ideas.

What? "Prize Wall" is totally different from "Trophy Wall". One wall has trophies. The other has prizes. Totally different.

:signfunny:

It's all be done before, yeah it was inspired by the 1 minute later commissions that has been posted. I openly admit copying the idea. As it is such a great idea. It lets the artist run wild on the piece.

Plus I couldn't remember if it was 1 minute later or 2 minutes. Ran with 2 minutes.

Very original ideas.

:signfunny:

It's a really nice commission

not exactly original concept, but no need to mock the guy to oblivion...

I've always thought these things should be called "10 seconds later". In 2 minutes this fight would have ended up in another state.

"Sometime Later", or "Just After" don't have the same ring. lol

Very original ideas.

Felix, I think that is a great idea, I mean that guy with all the trophy wall pieces is not even a commission theme purist. He has non-themed original art pieces mixed in (tsk) including a Dave Stevens piece that really detracts from his themed pieces and should be sold to me right this instant. :idea::foryou:

I've always thought these things should be called "10 seconds later". In 2 minutes this fight would have ended up in another state.

"Sometime Later", or "Just After" don't have the same ring. lol

This is nothing - Wait until my "One Minute Later in the Trophy Room" commishes start dropping!

It's all be done before, yeah it was inspired by the 1 minute later commissions that has been posted. I openly admit copying the idea. As it is such a great idea. It lets the artist run wild on the piece.

Plus I couldn't remember if it was 1 minute later or 2 minutes. Ran with 2 minutes.

Just having fun. It is a really nice commission. Congrats!