• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modern Key Issues

47 posts in this topic

I think its a little late to be jumping on Image #1's like Saga, thief of thieves. They are too expensive for a normaly person. You can still jump in on bedlam, think tank, clone, blackacre, east of west etc. Keep an eye out for pretty deadly.

You can still jump in on revival for a fair price right now. That will probably change in a few though so hurry!

Thanks for all the help so far, everyone. Does everybody think Peter Panzerfaust, Theif of Thieves, and Saga will continue to go up in value? They already seem pretty high. I was wondering about that because I would hate to overpay when it's a hot item, then have it drop after awhile.

As for Bedlam, Revival, and Nowhere Men - they seem to be decently priced right now, if they have potential to rise. I've been trying to research and find these comics everyone is listing.

Thanks for all the help!

Saga absolutely. Thief of thieves maybe. Peter panzerfaust actually i might be the majority and say no. When they come back and say the tv show is a no go guess what happens to the prices. Same could be said for thief of thieves. I think they are both great books but the prices right now are much higher than they should be simply because of "maybes"

Its all up in the air and I wouldnt gamble with that type of money if i was just starting out.

I think its a little late to be jumping on Image #1's like Saga, thief of thieves. They are too expensive for a normaly person. You can still jump in on bedlam, think tank, clone, blackacre, east of west etc. Keep an eye out for pretty deadly.

You can still jump in on revival for a fair price right now. That will probably change in a few though so hurry!

I still think east of west is where the shark will be jumped.

How my #1s are going to be on ebay once everyone's supply comes in?

:insane: I tell ya.

Thanks for all the help so far, everyone. Does everybody think Peter Panzerfaust, Theif of Thieves, and Saga will continue to go up in value? They already seem pretty high. I was wondering about that because I would hate to overpay when it's a hot item, then have it drop after awhile.

As for Bedlam, Revival, and Nowhere Men - they seem to be decently priced right now, if they have potential to rise. I've been trying to research and find these comics everyone is listing.

Thanks for all the help!

Saga absolutely. Thief of thieves maybe. Peter panzerfaust actually i might be the majority and say no. When they come back and say the tv show is a no go guess what happens to the prices. Same could be said for thief of thieves. I think they are both great books but the prices right now are much higher than they should be simply because of "maybes"

Its all up in the air and I wouldnt gamble with that type of money if i was just starting out.

Yeah, I thought the same about Thief of Thieves and Peter Panzerfaust. They already seem high to me.

You could be right but who cares about once the supply comes in. Im talking about 6 or 7 months after the supply dries up. If its a good book with good content, it will do well. There is really no risk in buying a 3 dollar book except losing 3 dollars.

You could be right but who cares about once the supply comes in. Im talking about 6 or 7 months after the supply dries up. If its a good book with good content, it will do well. There is really no risk in buying a 3 dollar book except losing 3 dollars.

Nothing wrong with buying A 3 dollar book, but read around, kids ordering 100 copies.. Might not have spent 3 bucks a pop.. But blood is in the water. Con season is coming., the sharks will be talking.

Which image firsts issues to get?

For starters:

Walking Dead

Invincible

Chew

Morning Glories

Non-player

Thief of Thieves

Saga

Revival

Peter Panzerfaust

Mind the Gap

Think Tank

Happy!

Bedlam

Clone

Nowhere Men

So you don't think the regular printing will go up any?

I like the title and look forward to reading it every month. IMO I would get some regular printings because you can still get them for cheap. You might be able to find some at cover and at most spend 6 or 7 bucks a copy. Just make sure you get copies that would most likely get a 9.8 from CGC.

What's hurting Bedlam's value is the numerous variant covers for #1. IMO it turned a lot of collectors/investors off.

what about bedlam? any possibility it was already jumped there?

what about bedlam? any possibility it was already jumped there?

Could be, but im seeing a lot more folks poking their heads in over here to see what's going on. Regular bedlam #1s never really sold for much. But they are seeing a book like nowhere men and thinking WTF., now I really need to get in on this.

I may be one of the few, but I'm still bullish on Bedlam in the long term. Great read with a strong vision for the series, pushes the envelope a LOT and not afraid to take chances, cool art. Honestly think it will continue to catch on even more than it already has. (And once again, a title I would never have heard of or noticed on the racks if not for this forum.)

I'd buy Harbinger #1. It has the best writing and the lowest print run of the titles with first appearances. After that, I'd stock up on X-O 1, Shadowman 1 and Magnus #12. I'd stay away from Solar 1 and Magnus #1 since they aren't true first appearances.

Also, I'm pre-ordering 50 copies each of the Unity issues. Eternal Warrior #1 is a first issue AND a Unity crossover book. What could possibly go wrong?

I'd buy Harbinger #1. It has the best writing and the lowest print run of the titles with first appearances. After that, I'd stock up on X-O 1, Shadowman 1 and Magnus #12. I'd stay away from Solar 1 and Magnus #1 since they aren't true first appearances.

Also, I'm pre-ordering 50 copies each of the Unity issues. Eternal Warrior #1 is a first issue AND a Unity crossover book. What could possibly go wrong?

:headbang: